MacIntosh Brook Campground – Cape Breton Highlands National Park
Months of Operation
May 18 - October 29
Cape Breton Highlands National Park, 24150 Cabot Trail, Pleasant Bay, Cabot Trail
Description: A wide open, grassy area with 10 unserviced sites.
- Washrooms with flush toilets
- Large kitchen shelter with wood stoves
- Boil water before drinking
- Pay by self-registration or at Park Visitor Centres
There are several walking/hiking trails nearby:
• MacIntosh Brook for a walk in old growth forest along the river to a waterfall
• Lone Shieling to see a replica of a Scottish crofters hut
• Benjie’s Lake to stroll through boreal forest to a quite lake where moose can sometimes be seen.
GPS Location: N46 48.753 W60 46.063
Park is open year-round but full visitor services are only available from mid-May until mid-October.
Facilities / Services
Activities: Fishing, Hiking
Admission: park pass required