Sea-to-Table Lobster Adventure
East Coast Outfitters
2017 Lower Prospect Road, Prospect, South Shore
Kayak Nova Scotia’s dramatic granite coast and clear, turquoise waters to a charming fishing village for the inside scoop on lobster fishing in this sea-to-table adventure! A chef-prepared lobster dinner, featuring local ingredients and seafood awaits you at the ocean's edge at sunset.
Your adventure begins by sea kayak. Paddle through secluded bays, between granite islands, and into hidden inlets, such as Rogue's Roost. Explore the small fishing village of Lower Prospect from the sea, where you'll meet local fishermen. Aboard their working lobster boat, sample 'a typical day on the water' as they show you how they set and haul lobster traps, while sharing stories of life on the water.
Returning to East Coast Outfitters' dock, you'll be greeted with the catch of the day – smoked oysters and an authentic lobster dinner served wharf side, as the sun begins to set over the ocean.
- 2-hour, Guided Kayak Tour: All our guides have completed our intensive Guide Training program, are certified by Paddle Canada, and have been trained and certified in Wilderness First Aid and Leave No Trace ethics
- Exclusive Insights: from a local lobster fisherman. You’ll connect to the stories of Nova Scotia’s most famous food – lobster!
- Authentic Lobster Dinner, featuring locally-foraged ingredients and lobster, prepared by renowned local chef, Dennis Johnston – instrumental in the slow-food movement in Nova Scotia
- Environmental Sustainability: A portion of proceeds from the tour will support Nova Scotia Nature Trust’s Rogue’s Roost Conservation fund to help keep this coastline protected for future generations
2019 Dates & Times:
- June 19 and 26, begins at 2:00pm until sunset
- September 18 and 25, begins at 1:00pm until sunset
Price: $425.00 per person (Halifax pick-ups may be available upon request)
Book your experience today by contacting us at 902-852-2567 or email@example.com
Conditions: A minimum of four people are required for the experience to be offered. Credit card information is required at time of booking and a 50% non-refundable payment will be charged. Full payment can be made on the day of the tour. Organization for our tours is vital, so there can be no rescheduling or refunds within 48 hours, unless a suitable replacement is found. You will forfeit your deposit if a tour is cancelled by the client within 48 hours of the tour date. If a replacement for your reservation is found, or for cancellations of 48 hours or more in advance a $10 administration fee will be issued. We reserve the right to cancel or alter any tours or rentals due to weather or insufficient registration. If East Coast Outfitters cancels the trip due to weather related reasons (high winds or lightning), your deposit will be refunded and we will try and reschedule the tour.