Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21
Hours Of Operation
9:30am–5pm daily May–Nov; call for O/S hours.
1055 Marginal Rd, Halifax, Halifax Metro
- EXPLORE FIRST-PERSON STORIES, of newcomers and the people who welcomed them, archival photos as well as artifacts, like trunks, luggage and personal treasures.
- IMAGINE YOURSELF TOSSING AT SEA in the tight quarters of a replica ship’s cabin and dining room as well as settling Canada’s west aboard a colonist railcar.
- TAKE OUR MULTIMEDIA Customs Challenge to see which of your items will be allowed or confiscated.
- GET INTO CHARACTER by playing dress-up in costumes of the era.
- LISTEN, SEE, SMELL AND TOUCH to experience how different waves of immigration have influenced everything around us from our global palate to our favourite pastimes.
- DIGITALLY BROWSE a compelling collection of authentic immigrant oral histories.
- SNAP YOUR PHOTO and insert yourself into our Canadian mosaic in the form of iconic cross-country landscapes.
- SHARE HOW YOU FEEL about Canadian identity in our growing digital Belonging Quilt.
- TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE and see your results at the Citizenship Test Table.
- Discover their family history by searching immigration records before 1935.
- Travel across Canada by viewing in Canada, an original film depicting stories of Canada’s cultural mosaic.
- Shop our uniquely Canadian treasures, at our one-of-a-kind Gift Shop.
Facilities / Services
Bilingual/Multilingual staff available
This property accepts American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Debit card.
Admission: Admission charged; free access to gift shop and research centre.