Tourism Nova Scotia
#NovaScotiaUNLISTED Contest (the “Contest”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC), THE STATE OF MASSACHUSETTS AND THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY CANADIAN OR U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE ONE OF THE ELIGIBLE JURISDICTIONS AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS (the “Rules”)
- The Contest sponsor is: Tourism Nova Scotia, 8 Water Street, Windsor, Nova Scotia B0N 2T0 Canada.
- Contest starts at 9:00 a.m. (AST) on Monday, May 27, 2019 and closes on Sunday, June 23 at 11:59 p.m. (AST) (the "Contest Period").
- To enter the Contest, eligible entrants must go to novascotia.com/unlisted (the “Website”) during the Contest Period and follow the on-screen instructions to: 1) Review and vote for your favourite recommended Nova Scotia experience, and 2) enter your full name, postal or zip code, valid email address, date of birth and telephone number in the space provided to receive one (1) entry. Only one (1) entry is allowed per person using only one (1) email address. For greater certainty, you can only use one (1) email address to enter the Contest. If it is discovered that you have attempted to (i) obtain more than one (1) entry; or (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities and/or more than one (1) email address to enter the Contest; then (in the sole and absolute discretion of Tourism Nova Scotia) you may be disqualified from the Contest and all of your entries are subject to disqualification. Use of any automated, script, macro, robotic or other program(s) and/or any other means not in keeping with Tourism Nova Scotia’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Rules to enter is prohibited and will automatically result in disqualification. All eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules will be entered into the random Grand Prize draw. By participating in this Contest, you agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Rules.
There will be one (1) person (the “Winner”) awarded one (1) trip for two (2) to Nova Scotia for the Winner and one (1) traveling companion (the “Grand Prize”). The Grand Prize will be organized by Atlantic Tours (the tour operator) and includes:
- Roundtrip coach class airfare from a commercial international airport close to the Winner’s residence to Halifax Stanfield International Airport, including advance seat purchase and one (1) piece of checked luggage per person;
- six (6) nights standard hotel accommodations based on double occupancy;
- seven (7) days intermediate vehicle rental with unlimited mileage including CDW coverage (if and only if the Winner or their travel companion is eligible for vehicle rental, as described below);
- breakfast daily at the hotel;
- one (1) dinner in Halifax - $150 value;
- $1,000 in activities – activities will be chosen based on area Winners stay (i.e. sightseeing, boat tours, kayaking); and
- detailed itinerary documents detailing all components of Grand Prize including confirmation numbers, address and telephone numbers, a Nova Scotia Doers & Dreamers guide and pamphlet specific to activities and areas chosen by the Winner.
The trip must take place between June 24 and October 31, 2019 and will be subject to availability. The confirmed Winner and his/her companion must travel on the same itinerary. Travel arrangements are subject to space availability and to the terms and conditions of Atlantic Tours.
The confirmed Winner and/or his or her travel companion must present a valid major credit card at the time of hotel accommodations and vehicle rental reservation (if applicable) to cover cancellation and any incidental expenses.
The total approximate retail value (“APV”) for the Grand Prize is $5,500 Canadian dollars. Actual value of trip may vary based on point of departure and airfare fluctuations. Under no circumstances whatsoever will any difference between the actual and approximate retail values be awarded. Choice of flights, airline(s), hotel accommodations (including, without limitation, room size and occupancy), travel dates and all other aspects of the Grand Prize are at the sole and absolute discretion of Tourism Nova Scotia and Atlantic Tours.
The Winner and his or her travel companion are responsible for obtaining a valid passport if applicable and/or other required documentation required for travel at their own expense. If the Winner and his/her travel companion are unable to travel or use the Grand Prize because they lack proper documentation, the Grand Prize will be forfeited without compensation, and a new draw for a Winner will be held. The Winner may be required by hotel accommodations to provide a valid major credit card to cover incidental expenses. The Winner and travel companion must be available to travel and/or use the Grand Prize on the dates mentioned, and if they are unable to travel and use the Grand Prize on the designated dates, the Grand Prize will be forfeited without compensation and a new draw may be held.
FOR MASSACHUSETTS AND CONNECTICUT RESIDENTS: If resident in Massachusetts or Connecticut, the Winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the Grand Prizes they receive, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, are used.
The ARV of the Grand Prize is based on available information provided to Tourism Nova Scotia and the value of any Grand Prize awarded to a Winner may be reported for tax purposes where required by law.
- Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of entries received.
- No purchase is necessary to enter.
- To enter and to be eligible for a chance to win, entrants must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec), the State of Massachusetts (U.S.) or the State of Connecticut (U.S.) who has reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry. Employees of Tourism Nova Scotia, its agents, prize providers, and promotional and advertising agencies, and such employees' parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with them, are ineligible to enter. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial and local laws and regulations and is void in Quebec, and outside of the States of Massachusetts and Connecticut in the U.S., and where prohibited. In order to benefit from the portion of the Grand Prize “car rental”, the Winner or the accompanying person must hold a valid driver’s license and must be 25 years of age. In the event that the Winner and the accompanying person are under the age of 25 or do not have a valid driver’s license, this portion of the Grand Prize will be forfeited without compensation.
- The Winner and his or her traveling companion are solely responsible for all costs not expressly included in the Grand Prize herein, including but limited to meals and beverages other than those described in the Grand Prize, baggage and other fees, items of a personal natures, gratuities and tips of any kind, travel insurance, health insurance, gas, fuel/currency surcharges, alternate ground transportation, telephone calls, room service, transportation costs/travel to and from Departure point and transfers, personal expenses. All Grand Prize components, airline, seating selection, hotel and room selection are selected by Tourism Nova Scotia and/or Atlantic Tours at its sole discretion. Travel arrangements are subject to space availability and to the terms and conditions of Tourism Nova Scotia, Atlantic Tours and its partners.
- The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred to another party or redeemed for cash value. Tourism Nova Scotia reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize in whole or in part in the event that the Grand Prize is unavailable. The Winner and his/her traveling companion must be able to travel on the same itinerary, as determined by Tourism Nova Scotia in its sole discretion and authority failing which the Grand Prize will be forfeited. Travel must be booked and completed before the expiry date of October 31, 2019 and no extension of validity will be made. Tickets are not transferable, refundable or upgradeable. There is no cash alternative and flights are not eligible for Aeroplan points, Air Miles or similar.
- The Winner will be selected by random draw from the eligible entries received. The draw will take place at the offices of the Tourism Nova Scotia, 8 Water St., Windsor, Nova Scotia at 11:00 a.m. on Monday, June 24, 2019. The first entry drawn will be eligible to win the Grand Prize, subject to the requirements and stipulations set out in these rules.
- Tourism Nova Scotia, acting reasonably, shall attempt to contact the potential winner, by telephone and/or email within two (2) business days after the draw. In the event a potential winner cannot be contacted within two business days after the draw, he or she may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be drawn. Proof of identification must be provided upon request.
- If the potential winner is an eligible resident of Canada, in order to be declared the Winner, the potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Tourism Nova Scotia.
- Before being awarded the Grand Prize, the potential winner will be required to provide proof of identity and/or eligibility in the form of government issued photo identification, and sign and return within the time stipulated by Tourism Nova Scotia, a full declaration release and indemnity form stating that he/she has read and understood these official rules, grants all consents required, authorizes Tourism Nova Scotia to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, address of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner beyond the awarding of or participation in the Grand Prize, accepts the Grand Prize as offered and releases Tourism Nova Scotia, and their personnel from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner's participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Grand Prize.
- In the event that the potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Tourism Nova Scotia shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner and Tourism Nova Scotia shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified Winner has been duly selected for the Grand Prize.
- BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS TOURISM NOVA SCOTIA, ITS ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, THEIR AFFILIATES AND RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, OWNERS, PARTNERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, DEALERS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS FROM ANY LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST. All decisions of Tourism Nova Scotia with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
- All entries become the property of Tourism Nova Scotia who assumes no responsibility for incomplete information as required on entry forms or for any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Tourism Nova Scotia does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect, or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of Tourism Nova Scotia, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Tourism Nova Scotia reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including canceling the sole method of entry, and select a potential Winner from previously received eligible entries in a random draw. Tourism Nova Scotia reserves its right to modify the Rules as required. Tourism Nova Scotia reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made Tourism Nova Scotia reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Tourism Nova Scotia shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant's computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of its participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site, where applicable.
- In the event of dispute over the identity of the potential winner, an entry will be declared as entered by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry, and the potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such email address. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify Tourism Nova Scotia in writing if the entrant changes his or her email address or any other contact information during the Contest Period. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
- THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED EXCLUSIVELY BY THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF NOVA SCOTIA, AND THE LAWS OF CANADA APPLICABLE IN NOVA SCOTIA, AND ALL DISPUTES ARE SUBJECT SOLELY TO THE COURTS OF NOVA SCOTIA WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICTS OF LAW. Contest is void where prohibited.
- By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection of his/her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by Tourism Nova Scotia for the purposes of implementing and administering this Contest. Tourism Nova Scotia will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of (i) administering this Contest or (ii) promotion or publicity in accordance with paragraph 13 herein. No further informational or marketing communications will be received by entrants unless entrants opt-in to receive same.
- This Contest is intended for entertainment and information purposes only. All parties involved in this Contest and its results are not bound to act in any way upon those results. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Tourism Nova Scotia should be addressed to Tourism Nova Scotia, 8 Water St., Windsor, NS, B0N 2T0.
- Winner announcement: visit http://www.novascotia.com/unlisted-winners. The Winner list will be posted after Winners confirmation is complete and will be made available through August 1, 2019.