Shubenacadie Canal Waterway
Hours Of Operation
limited winter maintenance.
54 Locks Road, Dartmouth, Halifax Metro
- Stroll Canal Walk 1 and 2 in downtown Dartmouth to discover the Flume House, Sullivan’s Pond and Lake Banook
- Visit historic Shubie Park with its interpretive centre and walking trails, featuring Lock 2, Lock 3, and the Canal Deep Cut
- Take a tidal bore rafting tour on Shubenacadie River
- Go swimming or have a picnic in the shade at Graham’s Grove Park on Lake Banook
- Launch your boat on Grand Lake at the fully restored Lock 5 in Wellington
- Enjoy beautiful Lock 6 Park, trail and boardwalk in Enfield
Facilities / Services
Trail type: Day-use trail, Wilderness trail
Activities: Canoeing, Cross country skiing, Cycling, Hiking, Kayaking, Snowshoeing, ,
Directions: Parking at Fairbanks Centre.