Wild Islands Camping Adventure
Great E.A.R.T.H. Expeditions
Shuttle Transportation from Downtown Halifax Hotels, Murphy Cove, Eastern Shore
Sail, hike, and snorkel the beautiful Wild Islands dotting Nova Scotia’s Atlantic coast. Savour local seafood prepared over an open fire for a meal unlike any other, topped by campfire fun and stargazing. Everything is provided in this guided eco-adventure.
Feel the wind in your sails aboard an open whaleboat, while getting firsthand sailing experience from your professional mariner. Nova Scotia's Wild Islands are a chain of hundreds of islands, renowned for their historical and ecological significance, and have been featured in Canadian Geographic. Keep your camera ready, as these islands are perfect for viewing migratory seabirds, osprey, bald eagles, grey seals, and the occasional sunfish!
Landing on a pristine, white sand beach, you're welcomed with a delicious lunch, prepared with local delicacies, including smoked salmon and homemade seafood chowder. Enjoy an afternoon of guided hiking and snorkelling in the crystal-clear waters to explore the area’s marine life or simply relax in the sun. Learn about some island edibles during a guided walk before dining on a succulent seafood boil dinner. Laughs, songs, and night-sky viewing await around the campfire with new friends.
- Guided, hands-on sailing adventure aboard an open whaleboat with the owner, Matthew Foley, of Windansea Whaleboat Sailing Tours. Matthew is a professional mariner, who grew up in the area, and has been sailing the world’s oceans for the past 17 years.
- Guided hiking, foraging, and snorkelling with your experienced outdoor guide from Great E.A.R.T.H. Expeditions
- All meals and snacks: Two breakfasts, two lunches, one dinner, and snacks featuring local ingredients and seafood.
- All camping and activity equipment: Fully-furnished tent with raised mattress, pillow, sleeping bag, camping chairs, and headlamps, as well as snorkeling gear, wetsuit, and towel included
- Transportation provided by Great E.A.R.T.H. Expeditions from Downtown Halifax hotels or Halifax Stanfield International Airport
- Access to Eastern Shore Islands Wilderness Area: This provincially-significant protected area offers a world-class archipelago of coastal islands, featuring numerous white sand beaches, dramatic headlands, lush salt marshes, and expansive coastal barrens and forests.
- July 10 - 11
- July 29 - 30
- August 6 - 7
- August 25 - 26
- September 3 - 4
Price: $725 per person
Conditions: Reservations required. A minimum of four people required for this experience to be offered. To keep this experience personalized and exclusive, there's a maximum of six participants. Participants will be required to sign a waiver and provide medical and emergency contact information during the booking process. We recommend you obtain any personal, medical and cancellation insurance that you may deem appropriate.
Cancellation Policy: We reserve the right to cancel or alter any experience due to weather conditions or not obtaining the minimum of four participants to operate experience. A full refund will be issued if the operator needs to cancel the experience due to unforeseen circumstances. Full payment is due 30 days before the tour and is non-refundable.