Tidal Reveal: Dig for Canada’s Oldest Dinosaurs
Fundy Geological Museum
162 Two Islands Road, Parrsboro, B0M 1S0, Bay of Fundy & Annapolis Valley
Take an exclusive Zodiac boat excursion along shores of the Bay of Fundy to an active dinosaur dig. Dig for fossils of Canada’s oldest dinosaurs alongside museum experts and paleontologist, seeing the latest discoveries revealed by the world’s highest tides. Then enjoy a lobster sandwich picnic lunch on a Jurassic beach.
The Fundy Geological Museum, on the shores of the Bay of Fundy in Parrsboro, Nova Scotia, is excited to be offering a one of a kind, exclusive experience for participants to join a real dinosaur dig.
- A beautiful Zodiac boat trip along the shore of the Bay of Fundy to the Jurassic Fossil Site.
- Arrive at the dig site, join Museum paleontologists working on a real dinosaur dig.
- A special Bay of Fundy gourmet lobster sandwich on the beach.
- Discover the bones of Canada’s oldest dinosaurs!
One Hour Zodiac Boat Excursion
- Stunning views of the Fundy cliffs and geology.
- Floater suits or personal life preservers are provided and must be worn.
- Tour Guide (Randy Corcoran) shares cultural and geology secrets of the area.
DIG Real Dinosaur Fossils with Museum Crew
- Spend 2-3 hours assisting Museum researchers at real dinosaur fossil dig site.
- See the latest discoveries and help find new fossil specimens.
- Research sites change each year as new fossils are exposed by erosion.
Lunch on Dinosaur Beach
- A special “Bay of Fundy Lobster” lunch is provided.
- Gourmet lobster sandwich, salads, and deserts.
- A mouth watering picnic lunch on a Jurassic sand beach.
Short Hike on the Rocky Shore
- Museum researchers lead a two-kilometer beach walk.
- Opportunity to search for minerals and see other research sites.
- A shuttle van takes you back to the Museum.
- Transportation back to the Museum
- July 13
- July 14
- August 11
- August 12
(Dates subject to change before January 15, 2019)
2019 Price: $360 per person
What People Are Saying:
“Every aspect of the day was thoughtfully coordinated by the Fundy Geological Museum to ensure that we not only had a great time digging on the site, but that we had context for the unique setting we found ourselves in. A memory I will hold on to forever!”
2017 Participant from Massachusetts
Conditions: Minimum of four and maximum of six participants per tour. When weather or unavailable boat service results in your event being cancelled, alternative bookings may be offered if available or full registration fees will be refunded. Deposits will not be refunded if participants cancel less than 7 days in advance. Participants must be 14 years of age or older to take part in this experience. Also, participants aged 14-18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.