Tidal Reveal: Dig for Canada’s Oldest Dinosaurs
Fundy Geological Museum
162 Two Islands Road, Parrsboro, Parrsboro, B0M 1S0, Bay of Fundy & Annapolis Valley
The Fundy Geological Museum, on the shores of the Bay of Fundy in Parrsboro, Nova Scotia, is excited to be offering a one of a kind, exclusive experience for participants to join a real dinosaur dig.
- A beautiful Zodiac boat trip along the shore of the Bay of Fundy to the Jurassic Fossil Site.
- Arrive at the dig site, join Museum paleontologists working on a real dinosaur dig.
- A special Bay of Fundy gourmet lobster sandwich on the beach.
- Discover the bones of Canada’s oldest dinosaurs!
One Hour Zodiac Boat Excursion
- Stunning views of the Fundy cliffs and geology.
- Floater suits or personal life preservers are provided and must be worn.
- Tour Guide (Randy Corcoran) shares cultural and geology secrets of the area.
DIG Real Dinosaur Fossils with Museum Crew
- Spend 2-3 hours assisting Museum researchers at real dinosaur fossil dig site.
- See the latest discoveries and help find new fossil specimens.
- Research sites change each year as new fossils are exposed by erosion.
Lunch on Dinosaur Beach
- A special “Bay of Fundy Lobster” lunch is provided.
- Gourmet lobster sandwich, salads, and deserts.
- A mouth watering picnic lunch on a Jurassic sand beach.
Short Hike on the Rocky Shore
- Museum researchers lead a two-kilometer beach walk.
- Opportunity to search for minerals and see other research sites.
- A shuttle van takes you back to the Museum.
- Transportation back to the Museum
2018 Dates (departure times based on tides): July 9th, July 10th, August 8th, and August 9th
Note: Age Restrictions
Participants aged 14-18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Participants age 13 and under are prohibited.
Price: $360 per person
“Every aspect of the day was thoughtfully coordinated by the Fundy Geological Museum to ensure that we not only had a great time digging on the site, but that we had context for the unique setting we found ourselves in. A memory I will hold on to forever!”
2017 Participant from Massachusetts
Conditions: Minimum of four and maximum of six participants per tour. When weather or unavailable boat service results in your event being cancelled, alternative bookings may be offered if available or full registration fees will be returned. Deposits will not be returned if participants cancel less than 7 days in advance. Note: Participants must be 14 years of age or older to take part in this experience. Also, participants aged 14-18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.