Private Island Yurt for Two
245 The Point Road, Blue Rocks, B0J2C0, South Shore
Please note, all 2019 dates are sold out at this time. Check back in the new year for 2020 experience dates. If you have questions about this experience, please reach out to us!
Take a thrilling kayak adventure to a seal colony, snorkel hidden inlets, cycle winding coastal roads, and dine on local delicacies. Sleep under the stars in a cozy yurt on your very own private island, just off the coast of beautiful Blue Rocks fishing village near Lunenburg.
Active adventure is made easy on this ultra-exclusive experience for two in the authentic fishing village of Blue Rocks. Have fun with fellow travellers while kayaking sheltered waterways between the Blue Rocks islands. Hear about the people who once lived in the island communities, as you paddle past the houses and wharves--imagining a time gone by. Keep your camera ready and capture a great shot as you pass by a seal colony and the curious residents who call this area home.
Back on land, pick up your delicious picnic lunch, bikes, and snorkel sets for an afternoon of self-guided exploration--with the help of custom routes, tips, and area highlights. As evening approaches, you'll take a short paddle to your own private island, where a cozy, hand-crafted yurt awaits--complete with all your belongings and a delicious, locally-sourced dinner.
Fall asleep star-gazing through the yurt's skylight and wake up to the sounds of waves lapping, birds calling, and a delicious local breakfast. This is an experience you will never forget!
- 4-hour Guided Kayak Tour: Join fellow travellers and tour the Blue Rocks Islands and seal colony with Pleasant Paddling. All kayaking equipment, snorkeling equipment, and dry bags included.
- Picnic Lunch for two from No.9 Coffee Bar
- Bike Rental for two, including panniers from Rhumb Line Bicycle Shop
- Easy-to-Prepare Dinner for two, including locally-sourced mussels and Charcuterie board from The Point General
- Yurt Accommodations: This hand-crafted, locally-inspired yurt for two features quality bedding and a clear, domed ceiling for star-gazing
Time: 8:30 am (Day 1) to Noon (Day 2)
Price: $600 for one person; $950 per couple
Conditions: This experience must be booked in advance. Experience bookings that are cancelled a minimum of 72 hours prior to the date will receive a full refund. Cancellations made within 72 hours will be charged 50% of the experience cost. If the booking is canceled the day of the experience, or the guests do not show up for it, the full price of the experience will be charged. If the weather conditions are unsafe or miserable (high wind, pouring rain, or thunder and lightning), we will cancel the experience on the scheduled day, with no charge.