Heli-Picnic Island Escape
Vision Air Services
Halifax, Halifax Metro
Take a thrilling helicopter journey from Halifax Harbour over stunning Nova Scotia coastline to Sambro Island. Indulge in Nova Scotia bubbly on a private beach, explore a secluded cove and enjoy a tasting picnic by the lighthouse featuring charcuterie and cheese sourced locally and hosted by your personal sommelier.
As you take off from the edge of Halifax Harbour with the city as your backdrop, see spectacular views of modern architecture mixed with historic buildings, and get a bird’s eye view inside the walls of Halifax’s star shaped fort overlooking the city. Soar over white granite coastlines with crystal-clear turquoise waters. Look for sunbathing seal colonies and flocks of seabirds enjoying small islands dotting the coast. You’ll have Sambro Island to yourself as you explore the sparkling granite coastline and pathways through flowing grasses.
- Helicopter flight: Take in the magnificent coast from the air, must-see sights of Halifax, and Sambro Island and lighthouse. This exclusive heli-picnic is 2 hours in total, including flight time.
- Exclusive access to Sambro Island: Feel the fresh ocean breezes, enjoy the sounds of crashing waves and capture rare photo opportunities. Be welcomed to Sambro by the steward of the lighthouse – be introduced to local legends, secrets, and stories of the island.
- Private sommelier tasting: Surrounded by sounds of the sea, savour Nova Scotian wines selected just for you, with local flavours including, charcuterie, smoked salmon, cheeses and chocolate, all curated by Bishop’s Cellar.
- Wild life viewing opportunities: Keep watch for seals and seabirds in the nearby waters!
- Donation: A portion of proceeds from this tour are donated to the Sambro Island Lighthouse Heritage Society that helps protect and preserve Sambro Island and the lighthouse.
2019 Dates and Times:
*Offered 4 times per date: 11:00am / 1:00pm / 3:00pm / 5:00pm.
Friday, June 28, 2019
Backup weather date: Saturday, June 29, 2019
Friday, July 5, 2019
Backup weather date: Saturday, July 6, 2019
Friday, September 20, 2019
Backup weather date: Saturday, September 21, 2019
Friday, September 27, 2019
Backup weather date: Saturday, September 28, 2019
To book, call: 1-902-873-3488
Guests will travel as groups of 4 to Sambro Island for their intimate on island experience.
Comfortable walking shoes are a must as well as dressing appropriately for the season/ weather conditions. Vision Air will supply detailed guest briefing leading up to your Sambro Island Helicopter Experience.
Guests must be available for both the event date and the back-up date (the next day). Guests will be notified before 4pm the day prior their experience booking with their weather update/ booking confirmation and or reschedule due to weather. Guests needing to cancel their reservation must do so at least 10 days prior to their reservation to receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than 10 days prior to the experience date will be subject to the full cost. We reserve the right to cancel or adjust timing for any experience due to weather or insufficient registration. In these cases, refunds will be issued and we will do our best to reschedule.