Halifax Islands Glamping and Culinary Adventure
Halifax, Halifax Metro
Available for a limited time, this exceptional 'glamping' adventure in the middle of Halifax Harbour features gourmet local cuisine, live music, and guided hiking and kayaking adventures of Georges Island National Historic Site and McNabs Island.
Explore the coastal beauty and history of the Halifax Harbour islands on this exceptional overnight 'glamping' adventure featuring gourmet local food, guided hikes, and outdoor adventures. Depart the vibrant Halifax waterfront by boat to Georges Island National Historic Site. You will have exclusive access to the island for the night for an incredible, once-in-a-lifetime intimate small group experience! Your luxurious safari-style canvas glamping tent awaits within the walls of Fort Charlotte. Explore the labyrinth of tunnels beneath the fort on a private tour. As the sun begins to set over the Halifax skyline, you’ll take a seat at a beautifully-set table to enjoy a gourmet chef-prepared dinner, paired with award-winning Nova Scotia craft beer and wine. After dinner, the fun continues, Nova Scotia-style, around a campfire, where you’ll listen to the tunes of local musicians and hear tales of the island's mysteries.
- Guided Tour of George's Island National Historic Site with a Parks Canada interpreter, including the labyrinth of tunnels beneath Fort Charlotte
- Gourmet Chef-prepared Dinner, featuring Nova Scotia seafood and paired with award-winning Nova Scotia craft beer and signature white wine, Tidal Bay
- Luxurious Safari-style Glamping Tent Accommodations within the walls of Fort Charlotte
- Live, Local Entertainment: music and maritime tales around the campfire, complete with ice wine-infused marshmallows and s’mores
- Chef-prepared Breakfast
- Guided Coastal Hike(s), led by your knowledgeable Kayak Halifax guide
- Return Boat Transportation from the Halifax Waterfront to Georges Island
Time: Begins at 4:00 pm and ends the following day at 10:00 am
Our 2018 tours are complete. The 2019 dates and price will be added by the end of the year.
McNabs Island Adventure
Add $275/adult or $499/couple
Small Group Experience – Maximum 12 Guests
Your upgraded experience begins with an exclusive before-hours breakfast in the beautiful Small Craft Gallery of the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, followed by a private tour of Titanic & Halifax Explosion Exhibits. Get a taste of the maritime life with Captain Jeff Farwell on an amazing adventure on his Beneteau sailing yacht. Arrive on McNabs Island with windswept hair and new esprit de vivre. Enjoy A delicious chef-prepared oceanside picnic lunch, overlooking a crescent beach and lighthouse. A guided hike exploring forest and coastal trails, forts, a lagoon, dunes and beaches awaits. Animal encounters may include marine life, such as otters, seals, harbour porpoise and whales, seabirds, such as endangered piping plovers, cormorants and ospreys, as well as deer, fox, otters and snowshoe hare.
After a full day of adventure, we’ll travel by charter boat to an enchanting overnight on Georges Island. After some time to relax, we’ll embark on a guided tour of Georges Island National Historic Site, including the labyrinth of tunnels beneath Fort Charlotte. Wine/craft beer and food pairings are a prelude to an amazing sunset dinner, overlooking the Halifax skyline. Enjoy ice wine-infused s’mores and talented local musicians by campfire before retiring to your well-appointed safari-style glamping tent. Your morning includes an oceanfront breakfast, optional short invigorating hike and optional guided ocean kayak tour (See 2 Hour Harbour & Georges Island Exploratour for details).
Upgraded Island Hopping Experience includes:
- Exclusive Before-hours Breakfast in the Small Craft Gallery of The Maritime Museum of the Atlantic
- Private Guided Museum Tour of the Titanic & Halifax Explosion Exhibits
- Luxurious Sailing Tour aboard Captain Jeff Farwell's Beneteau yacht
- Guided Coastal Hiking Tour of MacNabs Island, led by your Kayak Halifax guide
- Chef-prepared Picnic Lunch on the beach (see picnic lunch options below)
- Boat Transportation to Georges Island
Time: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm on Day 1
Optional sea kayak exploratour:
After you’ve explored the island by foot, experience it from a new perspective during an easy paddle circumnavigating the island. We'll also paddle along the beautiful and vibrant Halifax Waterfront and discover marine life only accessible by sea kayak.
Time: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm on Day 2
McNabs Island Picnic Lunch Menu Options:
The East Coast Picnic
- Seared fillet of salmon with dill and lemon sauce or Chicken with mango avocado salsa
- Grilled asparagus
- Marinated red potato salad with red and green peppers, fresh dill and parsley
- Atlantic ice shrimp salad
- Mesclun greens with grape tomatoes, cucumber and fresh herb dressing
- Assorted cheese, grapes and crackers
- House baked rolls and butter
- Dessert from our daily selection
- Unni’s Famous Florentines
- Sparkling mineral water
Local Market Picnic Basket
- Maple roasted squash and goat cheese salad
- Seafood salad (prawns, Digby scallops and lobster)
- Fox Hill cheese platter and crackers
- Oulton’s Farm glazed ham with Borealis Valley apple chutney
- Salt pressed garden root vegetables with cider vinegar and dill
- Economy blueberry lemon flan
- Unni’s Famous Florentines
- Sparkling mineral water
Conditions: Price is per person, based on double occupancy (2 per safari-style tent). This exclusive private island experience is limited to 18 guests per tour. All meals, snacks, water, and camping equipment are included.