Great Canadian Lobster Fishing Feast
White Point Beach Resort
75 White Point Beach Resort Road, White Point (South Shore), B0T 1G0, South Shore
Get a taste of the world’s largest lobster fishery! Join a crew of Nova Scotia lobster fishers for a morning at sea, returning to your seaside resort with the freshest lobster and ultimate bragging rights. Meet at the beachside bonfire, as Chef prepares today’s catch for your cozy dinner party inside.
'Cheers' to new friends, as you get to know local Captain Crouse and Fisherwoman Sarah Allen, while learning some 'tricks of the trade', over delicious lobster-infused hors d'oeuvres and Tidal Bay, Nova Scotia's signature wine. Feel the thrill of heading out at dawn for a lobster fishing adventure, in season and in the world's largest lobster fishery! Work on deck, helping to measure and band the catch, as the crew haul up to 200 lobster traps from the Atlantic Ocean. Ultimate bragging rights await when you return to White Point Beach Resort and gather around an ocean side bonfire with their Red Seal, Executive Chef Alan Crosby, to cook your lobster--straight from the boat--it doesn't get any fresher!
- Exclusive Meet and Greet with Captain Crouse and Fisherwoman Sarah Allen of the J.K.C., a 37-foot lobster boat. Enjoy hot lobster croquettes with Cognac and tarragon reduction and select gourmet cheeses, paired with Benjamin Bridge Tidal Bay, Nova Scotia's signature wine.
- Lobster 101 Orientation, to learn about the lobster fishing gear and equipment you'll be using, and prepare you for assisting on deck
- Half-Day Lobster Fishing Adventure: Depart at sunrise and spend 2-3 hours working aboard a lobster fishing boat (hot beverages and snacks will be provided onboard)
- Oceanside Lunch: Enjoy lunch, overlooking the ocean, from your cozy cottage or in the Main Lodge
- Executive Chef-Prepared Lobster Feast, featuring:
- steamed mussels with red Thai curry and coconut milk
- freshly-baked buttermilk biscuits
- lobster you caught, poached shore side with crispy crushed fingerling potatoes, grilled tomato and bearnaise sauce
- paired perfectly with Benjamin Bridge Nova 7 sparkling wine and Blomindon Reserve Chardonnay
- finished with warm, sticky toffee pudding with salted caramel sauce and vanilla bean ice cream, paired with White Point Signature Hot Chocolate
- Two Nights' Accommodation in a one-bedroom, oceanfront cottage at White Point Beach Resort
- Breakfast both mornings
- Transportation to and from the local West Berlin Wharf
- Access to all Recreation Facilities and amenities at White Point Beach Resort
What People are Saying:
“This was the most amazing experience, ever, so much more than I imagined … I love lobster even more now after knowing what it takes to get them from the sea to my plate.” - C. Campbell
“My Dad has fished all his life but would never allow me to fish with him. This was my chance to walk in his footsteps for a day – I have a whole new appreciation for what he does for a living.” - S. Scobey
- February 1 -3
- March 29 - 31
- April 12 – 14
- May 3 – 5
$699 per person, based on double occupancy
$857 per person for single occupancy
Don't miss this experience of a lifetime! Call us to book your spot at 800.565.5068.
Conditions: Minimum of four guests required for experience to take place. Maximum of eight people. Experience takes place rain or shine - if the Captain goes, we go! Price includes gratuities. Cancellation Policy: Due to the uniqueness of this Experience, guests needing to cancel their reservation must do so at least 10 days prior to their reservation to receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than 10 days prior to the Experience date will be subject to the full cost. Please note that group bookings of more than two people may be subject to additional fees. Cancellations must be made by contacting White Point Beach Resort by phone at 800-565-5068, ext. 1. If you are allergic to shellfish, please note that this is not a good fit for you, as we will be handling and eating shellfish throughout the adventure. Life jackets will be provided prior to boarding the fishing boat. If you are unsure if you have “sea-legs”, please be advised that as we are heading out to sea for up to three hours, you may find sea-sickness affects you. Be sure to take precautions, such as Gravol or Seasickness wristbands. While fishing outerwear, fishing gloves and a toque will be provided, guests are asked to bring/wear: warm clothing in layers, wind breakers (winter coats are recommended), waterproof winter boots, wool socks, scarves, hats, and mittens.
Tourism Industry Association of Nova Scotia