Gourmet Garden Party
11827 Highway 1, Grand Pré, Wolfville, BOP 1MO, Bay of Fundy & Annapolis Valley
Step into the captivating, award-winning Tangled Garden to delight your senses! Weave your way through Nova Scotia flavours toward the sounds of local musicians, gathering fresh ingredients for your gourmet, chef-inspired dinner overlooking Grand Pré, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
You are greeted with a glass of local sparkling wine on this unique and unforgettable garden foodie tour, as you are immersed in one of Canada’s finest gardens. Pass beneath the twisted wisteria, gather your garden pail and explore as each section of the tangled garden reveals a new addition to your lunch and offers unforgettable tastings of salmon, lobster, scallops and local rum. Lose yourself in the beauty and magic of this sun-kissed garden, and enjoy fresh pairings of herbs and local delicacies tucked away in garden nooks. When you reach the top of the garden, roll out your blanket and indulge in a decadent summer picnic while local musicians play in the background. Relax with new friends as you enjoy views of the flowering labyrinth and the beautiful agricultural patchwork of the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Private garden tour with expert guide: Your host is the designer of one of Canada’s finest gardens and creator of Tangled Garden recipes. You will be introduced to new and exciting flavor combinations you can share with your friends back home.
- Backstage kitchen access: Exclusive to guests of this experience, you will get backstage access to Tangled Garden’s kitchen and get tips and tricks from your guide.
- Gourmet tastings: Throughout the tour, there will be pop-up tastings infused with creations from Tangled Garden and paired with Nova Scotian wine.
- Gourmet chef-inspired dinner: You won’t leave hungry! The chef-inspired dinner is a locally-sourced meal filled with artfully-crafted gourmet foods, including local cider paired with a salad featuring ingredients picked throughout the tour, local sandwiches and cheeses, jellies and Tangled Garden liqueur covered ice-cream.
- Local music: Local musicians set the tone for a savory picnic while strumming the banjo.
What people are saying:
From Trip Advisor, Oct 19, 2016: “The gardens are very pleasant to wander, but the real reason to come here is the incredible edibles. The most delicious and original jellies, chutneys and other preserves we have ever tasted. Magic in your mouth. Thankfully you can also order online, which we will be doing now since our beautiful Nova Scotia vacation is over.”
- July 11
- July 16
- August 13
- September 17
- October 15
- December 17
Price: $150 (tax included)
Tangled Garden has been featured in many publications for innovation, creativity, and attention to detail, including:
- The Garden Lover's Guide to Canada
- The Gardener’s Garden, featuring 250 gardens worldwide and only six from Canada
- Martha Stewart Living,
- Jamie Oliver
- Country Living
- Canadian Gardens
- Garden Making
- Canadian House and Home
- La Vie Claire
- Country Living Gardens
- along with many foodie and travel blogs
Cancellation Policy: Please contact Tangled Garden for more information.