Fundy Tides & Fireside Adventure
Tidal Bore Rafting Resort
12215, Highway 215, Urbania, B0N 2H0, Bay of Fundy & Annapolis Valley
Take a thrilling Zodiac ride on tidal bore waves, feel the rush of mud sliding, float in waters of the world’s highest tides, and savour a sandbar wine and seafood tasting! Back on land, indulge in an authentic lobster boil before bonfire fun with live music and a Nova Scotia rum flight, and an overnight stay in a charming cottage.
Riding the tidal bore in Nova Scotia offers an up close and personal view of one of nature’s most unique displays found nowhere else in the world. You are whisked away to an exclusive sandbar on the riverbed floor featuring local seafood and a Nova Scotia wine tasting. Within minutes of your tasting, you’ll witness the tidal bore making its way up the Shubenacadie River, bringing with it 160 billion tonnes of ocean water – reversing the flow of the freshwater river. The surge of water creates rapids that are a heart-pounding roller-coaster ride. On your trip back to the Rafting resort, you will get to experience another one-of-a-kind experiences as you go mud sliding down the steep slopes of the riverbed. After all this excitement it’s time to head back to your cabin to freshen up, then join your friends for an authentic lobster boil overlooking the river. The evening wraps up, fireside, as you enjoy your lobster and listen to local music and stories paired with Nova Scotia rum.
- Expert guides: The rafting and mud sliding tour is led by an experienced certified guide and nature expert.
- Sandbar tasting: Private wine and seafood tasting on an exposed riverbed sandbar
- Eat and drink: All meals are sourced from local producers located within 30 minutes of resort (when seasonally possible) and featured locally crafted rum and wine from the Nova Scotia wine region – dubbed Napa North
- Exclusive insights: You’ll connect to the stories of Nova Scotia’s most famous food and rum making. You’ll learn about the tidal bore and the natural environment and wildlife in and around the river.
- Fully-supported experience: Quality lifejackets, rain gear or warm flotation suites are provided by the resort and tour begins with a full safety briefing. Hot showers are available after the tour. If needed, extra footwear can be provided.
- Overnight stay: Stay overnight in a charming pine cottage nestled in the woods overlooking the Shubenacadie River. Cottages are pet-friendly and include all amenities including wifi and BBQ.
What people are saying:
“I laughed so much; my face was literally sore at the end of the day from smiling ear to ear! We had so much fun mud sliding and rafting the rapids created by the tidal bore” Rachel_Moore, Instagrammer
“Our guide took the Zodiac boat out to a small sandbar where we spent a few minutes walking around, admiring the calm before the proverbial storm. Within just a few minutes, that sandbar would disappear completely, and we would be on our way, engaging in what is a wet thrill ride. The guide rode the newly created waves, happily drenching us in the process and started what was a 45-minute adrenalin rush as we sought out new eddies and rode the waves along the way. It’s an unlikely experience, but an incredibly fun one and while no one walks away dry, it’s well worth sacrificing a set of clothes for the adventure”. Matt Long, @Landlopers
Good to Know:
Expect to get wet so make sure to bring a change of clothing, a towel, shower items and sneakers or strap on sandals. Our trips run, rain or shine.
- June 21
- July 6
- July 20
- August 31
Price: $389 per person / $679 per couple / $2,300 for a group of 8. Larger group bookings are available.
Conditions: Advance booking required. Based on availability. A minimum of six guests is required to offer the experience. $389 per person (includes one bedroom cottage); $679 per couple (includes one bedroom cottage); $2300 per group of 8 people (includes 2, two-bedroom cottages or equivalent). Package pricing for two to eight guests is based on one booking transaction (one credit card). Additional nights in cottages may be added at a 10% discounted rate. Cancellation Policy: A 50% deposit is required to confirm your rafting booking. Cancellation in writing must be given 10 or more days prior to the scheduled rafting date to receive a deposit refund, less an administration fee. Any cancellations or change in numbers made less than 10 days prior to the scheduled rafting date will forfeit the deposit. Cancellations inside 24 hours and no shows will forfeit the deposit, and be charged the remaining balance in full. Experience is offered rain or shine.