Fiddlehead soup with Yorkie croutons
Recette fournie par: Chef Richard Harmes
|1 lb||ffiddle heads|
|2 L||heavy cream|
|1/2 cup||leeks, chopped|
|8 - 10||sprigs fresh thyme|
|2 oz||apple cider vinegar|
|6 bulbs||fresh garlic|
|1 cup||vegetable stock (carrot, celery, onion)|
|Salt and Pepper|
- Clean and rough chop the fiddleheads. Set half aside.
- Peel and slice onions and leeks.
- Sautee with butter in a large pot until translucent.
- Add cider vinegar, garlic, chopped thyme, salt and pepper.
- Simmer until almost all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add vegetable stock and cream to the pot with 1⁄2 the chopped fiddleheads.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes then puree with a hand blender.
- Return to heat and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining fiddleheads.
Garnish with Yorkshire croutons or other soft bread dough.