Valley Apple Bread Pudding
Recipe provided by: Taste of Nova Scotia
|1 loaf||white bread, cut into thumb size pieces|
|1 cup (250ml)||Spy apples, peeled, core removed and diced|
|3 cups (730ml)||milk|
|1 cup (250ml)||sugar|
|1 tsp (5ml)||vanilla|
|1 tsp (5ml)||cinnamon|
- Preheat oven to 325 F (163 C).
- Toss bread and apples together. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over the bread and apples; toss together. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Line a 9 x 13 inch (23 cm x 33 cm) glass baking dish with parchment paper. Pour the pudding mix into the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes. Let cool slightly before removing from pan to serve.
- Serve with whipped cream, vanilla bean ice cream, or creme anglaise.