Nova Scotia Oysters Rockefeller
Recipe provided by: Taste of Nova Scotia
|12||Nova Scotia oysters, shucked|
|1/3 cup||tomato, diced|
|1/4 cup||white breadcrumbs or panko|
|3 tbsp||fresh parsley, finely chopped|
|1 tsp||garlic, minced|
|1 tsp||apple cider vinegar|
|pinch||salt & pepper|
|1/3 cup||old cheddar, finely grated|
- Turn oven on to low broil with top rack ⅓ from the top.
- To make the oyster topping, combine tomato, breadcrumb, parsley, garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set the grated cheese aside.
- Shuck the twelve oysters, and place them on a baking sheet in their bottom half shell.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of the mixture on each oyster, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese and mixture has just started to get golden. Serve immediately.