No-Churn Maple Apple Ice Cream
Recipe provided by: Jessica Emin via Taste of Nova Scotia
|300 ml||sweetened condensed milk|
|500 ml||whipping cream, whipped to form peaks|
|1 cup||apple, cut into small pieces|
|2 tbsp||maple syrup|
|1 tsp||ground cinnamon|
- In a small frying pan on medium heat, melt butter.
- Add apple pieces, one tablespoon of local maple syrup and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Sauté until apples are soft, but still hold their shape, then let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sweetened condensed milk, one tablespoon of maple syrup and cinnamon. Stir well.
- Gently fold whipping cream into condensed milk mixture, then spoon into a loaf pan or small casserole dish.
- Cover the top of the ice-cream with plastic-wrap, pressing the plastic directly to each part of the ice-cream’s surface to prevent ice crystals from forming.
- Place the pan on a level surface in the freezer for four hours, or overnight.
- Serve with any dessert (or even pancakes). This ice cream pairs especially well with Apple Cinnamon Turnovers.