Maple Blueberry Pork Loin Roast
Recipe provided by: Taste of Nova Scotia
|4lb||pork loin rib roast|
|1 jar||whole cloves|
|1 cup||pure wild blueberry juice|
|1/2 cup||pure maple syrup|
|1 tbsp||cold water|
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Place rib roast in a roasting pan and and rub all sides with salt and pepper. Stud upper side of roast with whole cloves. Spoon butter on top of roast, and place in the oven, covered, for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan bring maple syrup and blueberry juice to a simmer. In a small bowl gradually add cornstarch to water and mix thoroughly. Gradually whisk cornstarch mixture into sauce. Continue whisking over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the roast has been cooking for 30 minutes, remove from oven, pour the sauce over the top of the roast, and recover.
- Once cooking time is complete or the internal temperature has reached 145F, remove cover and spoon the sauce in the pan back over the roast. Place the roast uncovered back into the oven and broil on low for 10 minutes. Remove and let rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove whole cloves before eating.
- Round out the menu with Brussel Sprout Chiffonade and/or Sweet Onion Gratin.