Recipe provided by: Taste of Nova Scotia
|4 cups||all purpose flour|
|4 tsp||baking powder|
|1/2 tsp||sea salt|
|1 1/4 cup||buttermilk|
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Using a fork or pastry cutter, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it looks like oatmeal.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs with buttermilk.
- Make a well in the dry mix and pour in the eggs.
- Using a fork, start combining the dry and wet by running the fork along the outside of the bowl to the middle and then out. Spin the bowl a little each time and repeat this folding motion. Continue until fully mixed and there are no lumps. Do not knead or overwork dough.
- Drop dough onto a nonstick (or parchment lined tray) using a spoon. Each ball of dough should be about 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Preheat oven to 400° and bake on the middle rack until golden brown (about 12- 15 minutes).