Blomidon Lobster Boil
Recipe provided by: Taste of Nova Scotia
|1 1/2 cups (375 ml)||salt|
|3 tbsp (45 ml)||each celery salt,ground ginger, paprika|
|1/2tbsp (8 ml)||each nutmeg,cloves, allspice|
|1tsp (5 ml)||each cardamom, chili flakes|
|1||head garlic, smashed|
|8||red potatoes, halved|
|4||live 1-1/4 lb (575 g) lobsters|
|4||ears corn, husks removed, cleaned, halved|
- Place water, salt, seasoning, garlic and lemon slices in a very large stock pot. Add potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook potatoes for 8 minutes.
- Add the lobsters head first to the pot. Cover and cook for 6 minutes. The lobster should be bright red.
- Add corn to the pot and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Remove potatoes, lobster and corn from the pot. Serve with drawn butter, crusty bread and a bottle of Blomidon Estate Cuvée L’Acadie.