Agricola Street Seafood Chowder
Recipe provided by: Taste of Nova Scotia
|3 tbsp (45ml)||butter|
|1/3 cup (80ml)||carrots, diced|
|1/8 cup (30ml)||celery, diced|
|3/8 (90ml)||onions, diced|
|1/3 cup (80ml)||white wine|
|3/4 cup (185ml)||heavy cream|
|2 cups (500ml)||milk|
|1/2 cup (125 ml)||yellow flesh potatoes, diced|
|5 sprigs||dill, chopped|
|salt & pepper|
- Start by making the base: melt 1 Tablespoon of butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add diced carrots, celery, and onions and sweat until onions are translucent.
- Add thyme and then deglaze the pan with white wine until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the cream and milk and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the corn starch.
- Add the diced potatoes and cook until almost fork tender.
- Before serving, melt the remaining butter in pan over medium heat and add all the seafood.
- Once the clams and mussels have opened, transfer seafood into the chowder base.
- Add dill and season to taste.