Pugwash, Nova Scotia
At first sight, there’s no question why the coastal community of Pugwash is world famous for peace. Its tranquil harbour, beautiful beaches, pewter gift shops, seaside golf, and vineyards make it a perfect place to relax and get away from the every day.
Things to See and Do
- Thinkers Lodge: A National Historic Site and recipient of a Nobel Peace Prize. Interpretive displays within the Lodge help tell the fascinating story of how Pugwash first gained international recognition for peace in 1957.
- Northumberland Links: A championship golf course with stunning ocean views that distract even the most focused of golfers.
- Jost Vineyards: A popular attraction in the neigbouring community of Malagash and is the longest operating winery in Nova Scotia.
- Wallace Bay Wildlife Area Trail: A popular destination for bird watchers where over 165 species of birds have been recorded as frequenting the area
- Scottish Pines: 4.5 star log cottages on an ocean front 10 acre property. Northumberland Links and Fox Harb'r golf courses are both located a short distance away.
- Amherst Shore Country Inn: Seaside inn with private coastline, oceanfront gazebo, 20 acres of lawns, gardens, pond, meadow, woodland trails. 4-course gourmet dinner, by reservation.
- Hillcrest View Inn and Restaurant: Inn with a restaurant serving traditional local food and wines. Close to golf, hiking trails, beach and parks.
- Inn the Elms: Lovely century home with antiques, handmade quilts, and wood accents. Located close to golf, hiking & bicycle trails and provincial beach park with red sand. Classically trained chef offering local fare on site
- The Cottages at Cambra Sands: Seven, 4.5 star luxery cottages located on a private sandy warm water beach.
Places to Eat
- Hillcrest View Inn and Restaurant: Casual restaurant serving traditional local food and wines.
- Amherst Shore Country Inn: 4-course gourmet dinner, by reservation.
- Great Room: Located at Fox Harbr’ Resort and Spa,The Great Room combines gourmet cuisine and professional, personalized service to create remarkable gastronomic experiences.
- Jubilee Cottage Country Inn: Enjoy a meal in our dining room with our ever-changing menus which revolves around seasonal produce and pasture fed meat from local farms.
- Train Station Inn: Carefully restored, the dining car offers the charm and nostalgia of years gone by. Homemade seafood chowder, fish cakes, steak and lobster make for a truly first-class dining experience