Advocate Harbour, Nova Scotia
The Town of Advocate Harbour
Advocate Harbour is one of the most stunning coastal communities along Nova Scotia’s Bay of Fundy featuring dramatic views at every turn and a wonderful mix of outdoor adventure, dining and places to stay.
Cape Chignecto Provincial Park is Nova Scotia’s largest provincial park featuring back-country and day-use trails, magnificent beaches, and camping. A sea kayaking tour with NovaShores Adventures will reveal the most impressive views of the park’s sea cliffs and famous “Three Sisters” rock formations.
Advocate Boat Tours offers yet another incredible adventure for small groups wishing to further experience the world’s highest tides from the water. Exclusive trips to Isle Haute and Cape Split by Zodiac are their specialty.
- Cape D’Or Lighthouse is a great spot to witness the Bay of Fundy’s impressive tidal rips and towering cliffs.
- Minutes away Spencers Island Lighthouse marks the location of where famous ghost ship “Mary Celeste” was built in 1860.
- The Wild Caraway Restaurant and Café is open for lunch or supper and offers an authentic taste of Nova Scotia dining experience. Reservations are recommended as it is one of the highest rated restaurants on Trip Advisor in Nova Scotia.
- Enjoy a meal at the edge of a clif and next to a lighthouse at the Lighthouse on Cape D'or. This place is known for their seafood and breathtaking view.
- Sit outside next to the beach and enjoy a famous lobster roll or seafood chowder at Spencer's Island Beach Cafe.
Places to stay:
- Lightkeepers Kitchen & Guest House: The Guesthouse, located just a few steps from the Cape D'or Lighthouse, is the converted Lightkeeper's residence.
- Driftwood Park Retreat: Massive beams and pine cathedral ceilings provide comfortable accommodations on the Bay of Fundy.
- Advocate Ocean View Vacation Home: Built in the 1880's, this home has been thoughtfully renovated in the past two years.
The Rite Stop in Advocate Harbour is another important stopping place to fuel up for breakfast, basic groceries and supplies, as well as gas. Here you can “get trapped” in Advocate Harbour in the giant lobster trap located outside at the onsite visitor information kiosk.