Add To Wish List

Fly to Nova Scotia

New in 2016: Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

Effective March 15, 2016 most international visitors to Canada will require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) before they are allowed to board an international flight departing for Canada. This authorization is required in addition to a passport. The authorization is not required for U.S. citizens, travellers with a valid visa, or visitors travelling by road or sea. Visit for more information.

Nova Scotia Airports

Halifax Stanfield International Airport

The Halifax Robert L. Stanfield International Airport is the Atlantic Canadian hub for all domestic, regional and international services. Visit to view a list of airlines providing flight options to Halifax.

JA Douglas McCurdy Sydney Airport

The JA Douglas McCurdy Sydney Airport is located in Sydney, Cape Breton Island with daily air service provided by Air Canada and WestJet. Visit for further information

Yarmouth International Airport

The Yarmouth International Airport has two runways, two taxiways and separate parking aprons for both commercial and general aviation.

Fly into Nova Scotia from Anywhere

Scheduled and chartered air service into Nova Scotia is available from:

  • all major Canadian cities
  • all major United States cities through connecting hubs and direct flights from Boston, Newark, and JFK.
  • major European cities including direct flights from London (Heathrow/Gatwick), Frankfurt, Paris, and Reykjavik.

Scheduled charter services are also available linking Nova Scotia with many Canadian and European cities. Learn more about flying to Nova Scotia from Europe.

Transportation from Halifax Stanfield International Airport

Limousine service, car rentals from international car rental agencies, and well as an airport shuttle service to and from Halifax area hotels in the Halifax area are available at the Halifax Stanfield International Airport. Call Nova Scotia's Check In Reservation and Information Service for further details at 1-800-565-0000. 

Pilots Visiting Nova Scotia Airports

Operators of small aircraft are required to report to Canada Customs by calling 1-888-CANPASS (226-7277) prior to their departure from the United States. You can obtain customs information concerning small aircraft and a list of airports serviced by Customs by contacting Canadian Border Services Agency.  

Visit for information on the Canada Flight Supplement and other aeronautical information products.

Entering Nova Scotia Airports via Canada Customs

Passport and visa requirements for visiting Canada will vary according to your citizenship, residency and purpose for visiting Canada. Citizens of the United States (U.S.) travelling between the U.S. and Canada now require a valid U.S. passport, Air NEXUS card or U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner document.

For up-to-date information for visitors from the Canadian Border Services Agency, go to or call 1-800-461-9999 (within Canada) or (506) 636-5064. Information on visas for temporary residents can be found on the Citizenship and Immigration website or by calling 1-888-242-2100. In the U.S. refer to