Travel Media Bragging Rights
Nova Scotia is tailor-made for those who want to truly connect with the people, culture, and history of their destination. There is a new story around every corner, in every town, and no shortage of friendly people to tell it. But don’t just take our word for it ...
- NovaScotia.com was named one of the 25 Best Tourism Websites in the World in 2016 by Skift.com.
- Business Insider named Halifax Stanfield International Airport one of the 10 best airports in North America.
- Huffington Post named Halifax as one of the Least Snobby Cities in the world.
- Drinks Business, the leading European drinks trade publication, listed Benjamin Bridge’s MéthodeClassiqueSparkling Brut 2008, as the only Canadian wine in its “best sparkling wines” of the world listing.
- Frommer’s Guides selected the Bay of Fundy as one of the World’s Top Ten Destinations
- National Geographic Traveller named Cape Breton as one of the world’s ‘20 must-see places’.
- Wine Access Magazine acclaimed Le Ca-veau Restaurant at Domaine de Grand Pré Winery as one of the Top 20 Winery Restaurants in the World.
- Golf Digest names Cabot Cliffs as best new golf course in 2015. Its sister-course, Cabot Links, was recognized as the best Canadian Modern Golf Course of 2014. In 2016, both courses were ranked amongst the Top 100 courses in the world (Cabot Cliffs #19 and Cabot Links #93)
- Annapolis Royal Historic Gardens recognized as Canada’s 2015 Garden of the Year
- LaHave Forests won the ‘Product Innovation Award’ for their haskapa brand of Haskap juice at the 2014 World Congress of Food Science & Technology
- USA Today readers chose the Cabot Trail as the #1 place to go cruising on a motorcycle
- Trout Point Lodge is the world's first certified Starlight Hotel, a distinction given by the Star-light Foundation headquartered at the Canaries Astrophysics Institute in Spain.
- Focus Online, one of the bigger German news sites, named Nova Scotia as their #1 destination to visit in 2015.
- Travel + Leisure Magazine names Cape Breton as a top island destination in Canada / Continental US.