Freshwater Lake Trail - Cape Breton Highlands National Park
Hours Of Operation
Park is open year-round but full visitor services are only available from mid-May until mid-October.
37648 Cabot Trail, Ingonish Beach, Cabot Trail
Trail Rating: Easy
Lat: 46.650291 Long: -60.390789
For your comfort and safety:
- Do not approach, disturb or feed wild animals.
- Take along appropriate clothing - rapid weather changes often occur on the plateau or along the coast.
- Carry water with you, especially for longer trails, climbs or open barrens.
- Bring insect repellent as black flies and mosquitoes are common all summer.
- Mountain bikes are permitted only where indicated, for public safety and protection of the environment.
- Stay on boardwalks to protect fragile vegetation.
- Do not throw food or scraps along the trails or roads.
- Read "Keep it Wild, Keep it Safe" brochure, available at park visitor centres.
Facilities / Services
Trail length: 1.70 km / 0.50 hrs
Trail type: Wilderness trail
Trail surface: Gravel
Activities: Birding & wildlife, Cycling, Hiking
Directions: Trailhead located at the Ingonish Beach day use area parking lot.