Months of Operation
May 1 - October 15
Hours Of Operation
Tours in the off season available by appointment.
Digby, Bay of Fundy & Annapolis Valley
Plankton, Periwinkles and Predators: Explore the spectacular rocky shore while we take a close-up view of the flora and fauna and discover the effects of the giant tides of Fundy. This is a 2- to 3-hour tour.
• Collect and observe plankton from the waters of the Bay. See what attracts the great whales to our area
• Explore tide pools with amazing diversity
• See predator-prey relationships, life and death battles live in action
• Observe barnacles in a feeding frenzy
• Zoom in on the zones with a field microscope
• Sample some succulent seaweeds
• Search for the elusive sea anemone
Stones, Steeples, Ships and Seafood: Experience Digby’s historic streetscapes and the culture of an active fishing community. Sample fare from the sea as we stroll the waterfront and hear stories of our settlers and seafarers. This is a 2-hour tour.
• Succulent seafood sampling
• Fisherman's Wharf, and the scallop and lobster fleets
• Settlers and seafarers
• Trinity Anglican Church
• A stroll along the Admiral's Walk, Digby waterfront and Marina, history in carvings
Whales, Trails and Periwinkle Tales package: A Bay of Fundy Experience you don't want to miss. Gael Tours has teamed up with Petit Passage Whale Watch for an excursion full of excitement and discovery! Your morning starts with a ramble at low tide with a Gael Tours naturalist among the tide pools and rockweed-covered basalt platforms of one of the world's most dynamic and diverse ecosystems. Explore the effects of an 8–9 metre (25–30 foot) tidal range as we discover the wonders of the rocky shore and what attracts the great whales to our area.
Your day continues with a three-hour afternoon cruise to the waters of the Lower Bay in search of whales and seabirds. Your palate will be stimulated with a tasty lunch at the Petit Passage Café, included in the adventure. Note: If low tide does not occur in the morning, this package is available over two consecutive days. Be sure to bring warm clothing for your shoreline and whale cruise comfort. Available from July 15 to September 15; advance booking is required.