Golfing in Nova Scotia
World-Class Golf Courses
The impressive variety and world-class quality of our courses attract enthusiasts from around the globe and keep them coming back. Grab your clubs and discover the seaside links, inland forest courses, countryside parklands, and historic urban fairways that make Nova Scotia a not-to-be-missed golfing experience.
Cabot Links, Canada’s first Authentic Links Course
Playing the authentic seaside links course, Cabot Links, comes with the exhilarating understanding that you’re playing the game exactly as its inventors had intended. This demanding authentic links course opened in 2012 and has quickly become one of North America’s most talked about courses.
NEW in 2015 - Cabot Cliffs and The Links at Brunello
As the finishing touches are being completed on this highly anticipated Bill Coore/Ben Crenshaw-designed true links course, located next to Cabot Links, Canada’s first true links course, golfers from around the world will get to enjoy limited play in 2015 ahead of the grand opening in 2016. Opening July 2015; grand opening in 2016.
The Links at Brunello
Located just 15 minutes from downtown Halifax, The Links at Brunello, designed by the legendary Thomas McBroom, is a 7,158-yard course with bentgrass tees, greens and fairways, GPS to the flag measurement, numerous white-sand bunkers, and multiple teeing areas, and continuous paved cart paths. Opening June 2015.
Top Rated Nova Scotia Golf Courses
For those who like to keep score, here are the top ranked Canadian public courses, as rated by SCOREGolf in 2014:
- Cabot Links, Inverness, Cape Breton Island (ranked 2nd )
- Highlands Links Golf Course, Ingonish, Cape Breton Island (ranked 7th)
- Fox Harb'r, Wallace, Northumberland Shore (ranked 71st)
Golf Courses By Region
Want to golf your way across the entire province? Be sure to put these fairways on your list:
- Cabot Links, Cape Breton Island | See all Cape Breton Island golf courses
- Osprey Ridge Golf Club, South Shore | See all South Shore golf courses
- Clare Golf & Country Club, Yarmouth & Acadian Shores | See all Yarmouth & Acadian Shores golf courses
- Digby Pines Golf Resort and Spa, Bay of Fundy & Annapolis Valley | See all Bay of Fundy & Annapolis Valley golf courses
- Glen Arbour Golf Course, Halifax Metro | See all Halifax Metro golf courses
- Osprey Shores Golf Resort, Eastern Shore | See all Eastern Shore golf courses
- Fox Harb’r Golf Resort and Spa, Northumberland Shore | See all Northumberland Shore golf courses
Cape Breton Island's 'Spectacular Six' Golf Courses
Considering that Cape Breton Island is the birthplace of golf in Nova Scotia, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that some of the best golf courses in the province can be found on the island. From the first humble round played on a former Sydney pasture in 1895, golfing in Cape Breton has evolved into a premiere golf destination, attracting golfers from around the globe.
The most famous of Cape Breton’s golf courses, also known as the Spectacular Six, are:
- Cabot Links, Inverness
- Bell Bay Golf Club, Baddeck
- Dundee Resort and Golf Club, Dundee
- Highlands Links, Ingonish
- Le Portage Golf Club, Chéticamp
- The Lakes Golf Club, Ben Eoin