Cycling in Nova Scotia
Find your ideal ride, from a relaxing rails-to-trails adventure through coastal communities, to the world-renowned, heart-pumping Cabot Trail, to the province’s many secondary roads off the 100 series highways suitable for scenic touring.
Cape Breton Island by Bike
Celtic Shores Coastal Trail is great for off-road cycling or long distance trekking, the easy, flat 92-km (57 mi) multi-use trail meanders along the spectacular west coast of Cape Breton Island, from Port Hastings to the Town of Inverness.
Cabot Trail for a real challenge, take a trip by bike around the Cabot Trail, one of the most highly-rated cycling routes in the world. Tackle the terrain with gusto on self-guided adventures, or take the sightseeing-by-van tour option when the elevation is too challenging.
Bike Adventures for all Levels
Whether it’s a cycling tour, group ride or a solo outing down quiet country by-ways, you’ll find it here:
- Pedal your way through self-guied adventures, from touring food and wine with a side of Grand-Pré’s Acadian heritage in Wolfville area of the Blomidon - Gaspereau Route, to cycling with the sunrise through the rolling farmland and seaside villages between Pictou - Pugwash, to discovering Acadian joie-de-vivre as you cycle the land of sea and song, amazed by local story tellers in Yarmouth- St. Mary’s Bay, or riding the coast between Hubbards - LaHave, exploring the stunning beauty of quaint towns including Chester, Mahone Bay and Lunenburg.
- Explore the Annapolis Valley’s coastal communities, breath-taking countryside, and rolling hills through a series of self-guided rides for all levels.
- Meet up with Velo Halifax Bike Club for one of their Sunday rides that begin and end in the city every Sunday from March through November.
- Sign up for a Bike & Yoga tour of the historic and scenic South Shore led by renowned tour operators, Freewheeling Adventures.
- Experience the world’s highest tides in the Bay of Fundy and enjoy the jaw-dropping scenery along the Minas Basin when you book a Kayak, Hike and Bike tour that takes you from the quaint streets of Wolfville to the isolated beauty of Cape d’Or.
- For a culinary adventure by bike, take a winery tour on two wheels or get the inside scoop from a local foodie as you explore Halifax by pedal and foot.
- If you’re interested in cycling itineraries, check out the South Shore’s for Sweet Ride, the Bay of Fundy and Annapolis Valley’s Fly by the Seat of Your Pants or bike from Yarmouth to the lighthouse at Cape Forchu.