Clyburn Trail - Cape Breton Highlands National Park
Months of Operation
May 15 - October 18
Cape Breton Highlands NP, Cabot Trail
Lat: 46.660688 Long: -60.410384
Open from mid-May until mid-October. A park pass is required all year for hiking or use of other services in the park. Check in at the Parks Canada Visitor Centres in Chéticamp (16648 Cabot Trail, situated on the west side of the park) or in Ingonish (37639 Cabot Trail, on the east side of the park) to obtain passes, information on visitor safety and any other information you may need, including a trail location map.
For your comfort and safety:
- Do not approach, disturb or feed wild animals.
- Take along appropriate clothing - rapid weather changes often occur on the plateau or along the coast.
- Carry water with you, especially for longer trails, climbs or open barrens.
- Bring insect repellent as black flies and mosquitoes are common all summer.
- Mountain bikes are permitted only where indicated, for public safety and protection of the environment.
- Stay on boardwalks to protect fragile vegetation.
- Do not throw food or scraps along the trails or roads.
- Read "Keep it Wild, Keep it Safe" brochure, available at park visitor centres.
Directions: Trailhead located north of the Clyburn River bridge.