Situated in historic Lunenburg along the South Shore, St. John’s Church is the second-oldest Anglican church in Canada and an extraordinary example of Carpenter Gothic architecture. Substantially destroyed by fire in 2001, the building has been fully restored to its magnificent beauty. A National Historic Site, St. John’s features an underground crypt; a repatriated “Vinegar Bible” printed in 1717; and an Interpretive Centre. This National Historic Site hosts special events and concerts throughout the year. Visit our website for further details, including our worship schedule.
Facilities / Services