Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21
Hours Of Operation
9:30am–5pm daily May–Nov; call for O/S hours.
1055 Marginal Road, Halifax Seaport, Halifax, Halifax Metro
- EXPLORE FIRST-PERSON STORIES from newcomers and the people who welcomed them, archival photos, and artifacts such as trunks, luggage and personal treasures.
- IMAGINE YOURSELF tossing at sea in the tight quarters of a replica ship’s cabin and dining room or travelling across Canada aboard a colonist railcar.
- TAKE OUR CHALLENGE to see if your items would be allowed or confiscated at Customs.
- GET INTO CHARACTER by playing dress-up in historical costumes.
- LISTEN, SEE, SMELL AND TOUCH to experience how different waves of immigration have influenced everything around us from our global palate to our favourite pastimes.
- DIGITALLY BROWSE a compelling collection of authentic immigration oral histories.
- SNAP YOUR PHOTO and insert yourself into our digital cross-country mosaic.
- SHARE HOW YOU FEEL about Canadian identity in our growing digital belonging quilt.
- TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE and see your results at the citizenship test table.
- Discover your family history by searching pre-1935 immigration records.
- Travel across Canada by viewing In Canada, an original film depicting stories of Canada’s cultural mosaic.
- Shop for uniquely Canadian treasures, at our one-of-a-kind Gift Shop.
Facilities / Services
Bilingual/Multilingual staff available
This property accepts American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Debit card.
Admission: Admission charged; free access to gift shop and research centre.