Cheticamp Campground – Cape Breton Highlands National Park
$26.00 - $100.00
Months of Operation
May 19 - October 9
Cape Breton Highlands National Park, 16648 Cabot Trail, Chéticamp, Cabot Trail
122 sites (most have fireplaces) with 69 tenting, 24 hook-up sites (E, W, Se; 15 & 30 amp),14 with electrical, 10 oTENTiks and 5 equipped camping sites. Accessible sites are available.
- Washrooms with hot showers and flush toilets
- Potable water
- Kitchen shelters with picnic tables and wood stoves
- Visitor Centre close by with nature bookstore and family corner and Wi-Fi
- Nearby in Cheticamp (10 minutes): laundry, camping supplies, internet, groceries, gas station, and restaurants
- Cell phone reception varies within campground
- Interpretive programming in July and August including nature presentations, discovery zones, tea talks and a weekly campfire.
- Nearby: daily guided plant walks ($7.30) and adventure night hikes ($14.70) mid-June to mid-September, geocaching.
- In Cheticamp: golf, sandy swimming beach, cultural museums, whale tours, craft shops.
- Get the whole family involved in geocaching to find Parka’s hat and learn to identify 5 native trees. Earn a Parks Canada souvenir and have a ton of fun!
• Acadian for panoramic views of the coastline
• Salmon Pools for an easier hike along the river.
• Skyline (a 15-minute drive away) for a truly magnificent view of ocean & mountains.
Reservations: (877) 737-3783 (May 20 - Oct 10)
GPS Location: N46 39.121 W60 57.211
Facilities / Services:
- Bilingual/Multilingual staff available
- Pets welcome
- Flush toilets
- Showers (Free)
- Electrical hook-up
- Sewage hook-up
- Water hook-up
- Cooking shelter
- Open sites
- Shaded sites
- This property accepts American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Debit card.
- Activities: Fishing, Hiking
- Admission: Plus park entry fee; discount for 7 nights or more.
- Directions: North of Chéticamp at park entrance.
Facilities / Services
Bilingual/Multilingual staff available
This property accepts American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Debit card.
Activities: Fishing, Hiking
Admission: no park entry fee in 2017
Directions: North of Chéticamp at park entrance.