Explore McNutt's Island with Your Best Picnic Partner
The Cooper's Inn B&B
36 Dock Street, Shelburne, B0T1W0, South Shore
Explore McNutt’s Island with Your Best Picnic Partner
Your Adventure begins at The Cooper’s Inn B&B
Shelburne Harbour is a treasure. You’ll understand what we mean when we say ‘escape from the ordinary’. One of the Harbour’s many treasures is McNutt’s Island. It sits at the mouth of the Harbour and provides an interesting hiking experience and lots of history to discover.
Enjoy a day on the Island with a morning arrival on the MV ‘Brown Eyed Girl.’ Lunch and snacks in your backpack, birds to view, rocks to climb over and perhaps seal sightings or even a whale. Oh yes, a lighthouse too! The Brown Eyed Girl will return to pick you up in the late afternoon.
Here’s what’s included:
- Your 2 night-2 day adventure begins with check-in at The Cooper’s Inn between 3 PM and 5 PM.
- Deluxe Welcome Basket in your room
- Social Hour at the Inn between 5PM and 6PM with treats and a complimentary beverage
- Dinner at the SeaDog Saloon ($60.00 food/beverage voucher)
- A good night’s rest at the Inn
- Breakfast between 7:30 and 8:15AM (pick up your picnic lunch/backpack in the Kitchen
- Walk to the Brown Eyed Girl (5-6 minutes); Captain Ken leaves the dock at 9AM sharp
- Once on McNutt’s Island you have the day to explore (1st Mate Sherri will share some Island lore during the sail to McNutt’s)
- Be on the dock at McNutt’s at your prearranged time and sail back to Shelburne
- You’ll be back in time to partake in the Inn’s Social
- After your busy day hiking you’ll be ready for your evening Dinner Reservation at Charlotte Lane ($120.00 food/beverage voucher)
- A peaceful night’s rest followed by breakfast between 7:30 AM and 9:00AM
- Checkout by 11AM
Twin or queen accommodation: $699.00* for 2 including taxes.
Inquire for availability and booking information. Advance booking is required. A 72-hour cancelation policy applies. Please note that weather conditions on the Harbour can impact this adventure.
*Looking for something a little different? Ask about customized packages.
PS: Perhaps take time to explore the Dock Street Museums and the Black Loyalist Heritage Centre.
PPS: You’re thinking a 3rd night’s stay would make it an even better adventure? A 3rd night can be booked at the same time you book your package at $161.00 tax included rate. Please Note: this offer may not be available if you wait.
Conditions: Inquire for availability and booking information. Advance booking with Visa or Mastercard guarantee is required. Cancellation policy: 72 hours in advance of arrival date.
Cancellation within 72 hours or no-shows will be charged for the entire accommodation booking. Please note that weather conditions on the Harbour can impact this adventure.
Tourism Industry Association of Nova Scotia