Bike the Cabot Trail's best, then Hike and Kayak
Cabot Trail Adventures
May 1st, 2014 to October 31st, 2014
Fully experience Cape Breton's outdoors by biking the best of the Cabot Trail, and then adding hiking and kayaking tours to expand your perspective!
Base yourself in comfort on the northern coast of the Cape Breton Island and bike the best routes in the Highlands National Park and the Cabot Trail. Spend three days cycling to quaint fishing communities, lighthouse ice cream stores and rocky coastlines. Let our guides help you choose the best routes for the day, with expert advice on how to get the most out of the Cape Breton weather. Rentals, shuttles and all necessary equipment included.
A full day guided hike to the former site of one of Canada’s earliest lighthouses. The route follows old roads and trails constructed by early highlands settlers. Whales, seals, moose and eagle sighting are common. Visit the foundations and hear the stories of the people who lived in this majestic wilderness.
Explore the wild coastal meadows with Cabot Tail AdventuresA guided half day kayak tour in, paddling past seabird rookeries, along mussel and oyster grounds and beneath bald eagles. The tour explores a pristine saltwater marsh and barrier beach. Learn about the endangered Piping Plover and how to share the beach with them. Mid tour there is a picnic of oatcakes and tea, complete with local shipwreck stories and legends. Paddle through Northern Cape Breton's magnificent environment with Cabot Tail Adventures.
Included in this Package:
- Three self-guided cycling day trips on the northern half of the Cabot Trail. Rental bikes and all necessary equipment, maps and one-way shuttle across the island one day
- Guided half day kayak tour
- Guided all day Coastal Hiking Tour
- A local's know guide with maps and advice for self-guided exploration, finding best beaches, moose hangouts, local seafood options and great photo ops.
- Take home locally inspired pottery after a visit to the pottery studio and gallery from Arts North
- Local Museum Passes to the St Paul Island Lighthouse Museum and the North Highlands Community Museum
- Five nights at one bedroom cottage at the Markland Coastal Beach Cottages (www.themarkland.com)
Starting at $842.50.00 per person plus tax double occupancy.
Email us at email@example.com to book
Detailed InformationCoupon: P4986
Conditions: Based upon double occupancy. Taxes additional. Minimum of two adults required. Group and family discounts available. Other packages and/or activities available. Visit the websites or email for more information and photos.
Admission: Three cycling day tours, shuttled where necessary, on the best of the Cabot Trail, plus guided hiking and kayaking day tours and five nights' beachside cottage accommodations with breakfast.