Halifax Islands Glamping and Culinary Adventure
Halifax, Halifax Metro
For two weeks only in August, this exceptional glamping adventure offers behind-the-scenes access to explore two Halifax Harbour Islands. Featuring Nova Scotia's amazing cuisine, exclusive island tours, hiking and kayaking adventures overlooking Downtown Halifax. Book early for this unforgettable adventure, including a day exploring McNabs Island followed by an amazing overnight glamping on Georges Island, a National Historic Site in the middle of Halifax Harbour.
Your adventure begins in at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic on Halifax Waterfront in the Small Craft Gallery where you’ll meet your host and get to know fellow adventurers over a chef-prepared breakfast. Then board a private boat to McNabs Island, located at the entrance to Halifax Harbour. The storied past and beauty of McNabs Island can be discovered on guided across the island, exploring its historic forts, sandy beaches and forest. Keep an eye out for seals, birds, fox and whitetail deer. Enjoy a delicious lunch featuring tastes of Nova Scotia.
From McNabs Island, you’ll head over to Georges Island National Historic Site where your group of 18 guests and hosts will have exclusive access to the island for the night! Your canvas glamping tent awaits within the walls of Fort Charlotte, in the centre of the island. On a private tour, explore the labyrinth of tunnels beneath Fort Charlotte. After you’ve explored the island by foot, see it from the water with an easy paddle around the island, with the beautiful and vibrant Halifax Waterfront as your backdrop.
As the sun begins to set over the Halifax skyline, you’ll take a seat at a beautifully-set table to enjoy a gourmet four-course dinner, paired with award-winning Nova Scotia craft beer and wine. After dinner, the fun continues, Nova Scotia-style, around a campfire, where you’ll listen to the tunes of local musicians and hear tales of the island's mysteries.
• Exclusive Breakfast in the Small Craft Gallery at The Maritime Museum of the Atlantic
• Boat transportation from Halifax Waterfront to the harbour islands
• Guided hiking tour of MacNabs Island, including the beaches, lagoon, lighthouse and historic fortifications
• Chef-prepared lunch featuring flavours of Nova Scotia
• Guided tour of Georges Island National Historic Site, including the tunnels beneath Fort Charlotte
• Guided kayak tour of Halifax Harbour
• Exclusive, four course dinner on Georges Island, featuring award-winning craft beer, Nova Scotia wine and amuses-bouches
• Live local music around a campfire
• Ice-wine infused marshmallows and s'mores
• Canvas glamping tent within the walls of Fort Charlotte
• Chef-prepared breakfast
Conditions: Price is per person, based on double occupancy. This is an exclusive experience, limited to 18 guests.