Halifax Harbour Islands: Coastal Hiking, Glamping and Culinary Adventure
Kayak Halifax Inc.
Halifax, Halifax Metro
Explore the Halifax Harbour Islands with Kayak Halifax as your host on this exclusive, world class experience featuring the best of Nova Scotia's cuisine, entertainment and adventure. Book early for this unforgettable 3 part adventure, including a day exploring McNabs Island followed by an amazing overnight glamping on Georges Island, a National Historic Site in the middle of Halifax Harbour:
MCNABS ISLAND ADVENTURE: Part 1
8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
An amazing island adventure awaits: Your full day experience begins with an intimate chef-prepared breakfast in the beautiful Small Craft Gallery of the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, continues with a guided hike exploring forest and coastal trails, two forts, a lagoon, dunes & beaches with a delicious chef-prepared lunch. Animal encounters may include deer, fox, seals or whales.
Your McNabs Island Small Group Adventure includes:
- Exclusive Breakfast in the Small Craft Gallery @ The Maritime Museum of the Atlantic
- Return Boat Transportation from Halifax Waterfront to McNabs Island
- Guided Eco-tour including dunes, beaches, lagoon & lighthouse
- Historical Tour of Fort McNab & Fort Ives
- Chef-prepared lunch
- Snacks & Water
GEORGES ISLAND CULINARY ADVENTURE: Part 2
4:30 p.m. to Sunset
For a fortnight in August 2017, Georges Island and Fort Charlotte will be host to an exclusive world class culinary experience: Nova Scotia's talented chefs paired with homegrown musicians. Tasting tour featuring award-winning craft beer, wine & amuses-bouches followed by a 4-course sunset dinner. Each intimate, exclusive experience is limited to 18 guests.
Enjoy an unparalleled dining experience as we explore Fort Charlotte & Georges Island, the jewel of the Halifax Harbour.
Your premiere Nova Scotia culinary experience includes:
- Return Transportation to Georges Island from the Halifax Waterfront
- Guided island tour, including the labyrinth of tunnels beneath Fort Charlotte
- An intimate 4-course sunset meal prepared by Nova Scotia's homegrown chefs
- Food & award-winning craft beer & wine pairings
- Talented local musician(s)
FORT CHARLOTTE GLAMPING ADVENTURE: Part 3
Sunset to 10 am
Spend an unforgettable night inside Fort Charlotte & explore Georges Island, a stone's throw from downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Enjoy an unparalleled urban island sunset & sunrise, coastal hiking, kayaking, 'Glamping', local award-winning craft beer & wine, chef-prepared breakfast, music & maritime tales by campfire as we unravel the island's mysteries and unique history.
Your Georges Island Glamping Adventure includes:
- Exclusive private island experience limited to 18 guests
- Return Transportation from Halifax Waterfront
- Spectacular Sunset over the Halifax skyline & sunrise over the harbor & islands
- Safari-style glamping accommodations within the walls of Fort Charlotte
- Guided tour of the labyrinth of tunnels beneath the fort
- Live local Entertainment by campfire
- Ice-wine infused marshmallows & s'mores
- Local award-winning craft beer & wine
- Chef-prepared breakfast
- Ocean kayak harbour tour
- Coastal hike
Conditions: Price is per person, based on double occupancy. This is an exclusive experience, limited to 18 guests.