Good Cheer Lobster Feast
Good Cheer Adventures
519 Saint George Street, Annapolis Royal, B0S 1A0, Bay of Fundy & Annapolis Valley
Authentic Acadian and Mi’kmaw music, local flavors, and 400 years of stories feature in this exclusive after-hours dinner party at Port-Royal National Historic Site, one of North America’s first European settlements. Host Samuel de Champlain brings good cheer to the table!
While visiting the site of the first permanent European settlement in Canada you will be immersed in food and culture. When you arrive at the Habitation at Port-Royal, where Samuel de Champlain initiated the Order of Good Cheer in 1606, be greeted by Champlain himself. He will take you on a private tour of this stunning site, and will introduce you to friends along the way. You’ll be sharing stories and culinary delights as you also interact with Mi’kmaw and Acadian cultures. Dinner will take place in a century-old dining room where you will feast like it’s 1606, cheers!
- After-hours access with private tour: As Champlain opens the doors for your exclusive evening experience, they close to the public. You will gain a unique insight into the significance of Port-Royal in the initial settlement by European’s in North American.
- Transportation: Private shuttle service will be provided from Annapolis Royal so that participants can fully partake in all aspects of the experience. Vans will depart at 5:15 pm and return at approximately 9:30 pm.
- Four-course feast: Party like it's 1606 during a feast like you have never experienced featuring lobster, scallops, Nova Scotia wines, spirits, and micro-brews. We can accommodate alternative dinner options.
- Exclusive tastings:
- Domaine de Grand Pre’s ‘Champlain Brut’ traditional method sparkling wine
- Annapolis Cider Company’s Hard Apple Cider
- Annapolis Brewing Company’s micro-brewery ale
- Annapolis Highland Vineyards ‘Tidal Bay’ white wine
- Gaspereau Vineyards ‘Lucie Kuhlman’ red wine
- Still Fired Distilleries ‘Night Owl Coffee Moonshine’
- (Note: Some products are subject to availability and substitutions may be required)
- A taste of Mi’kmaw and Acadian cultures: You will have an interactive activity with a Mi’kmaw person, and participate in a musical interlude featuring Acadian songs.
- Order of Good Time: Champlain will induct you into one of the oldest social clubs in North America, the Order of Good Time.
What People Are Saying:
“Absolute highlight of this and all of our trips. Samuel was incredibly knowledgeable and sociable – a treasure to be sure! Food was excellent, local and well presented.”
“The experience was authentic in all aspects. The history, the fantastic meal and the participation characters and musicians were excellent. I would highly recommend this opportunity to all, and I plan to return.”
“Overall excellent experience. Samuel was a wealth of knowledge and his passion for the subject was infectious. Food was amazing. Ambiance couldn’t have been better. The musicians were tons of fun. Judy was also a treat.”
“The whole experience was truly wonderful!!! The food was excellent. Samuel was absolutely amazing. Judy was so sincere and calming and passionate. We could have sung and danced all night. The band was very entertaining. It was fun to be included with the percussion instruments.”
- Thursday, July 12
- Thursday, August 23
- Thursday, September 6
- Thursday, September 13
Price: $295 per person
How to Book: Booking online. Reservations are required. A valid credit card is required at the time of reserving. The full amount of the Experience will be charged to the credit card 14 days prior to the reserved date. The all-inclusive price is per person, inclusive of all food and beverage, and gratuities. Minimum of 10 guests required to offer this Experience, maximum of 12 guests per date. Participants must be 19 years or older to attend.
Good to Know:
Accessibility: The Port Royal National Historic Site is fully accessible. Please note that our shuttle vans are not wheelchair accessible, so other arrangements would need to be made.
Weather Policy: This experience will proceed rain or shine.
A few suggestions for your consideration: Some parts of the experience will require participants to spend some time outside. In the event of rain, this will be limited to moving from one area of the site to another. Umbrellas will be made available if necessary. Wear comfortable footwear, sandals and shoes with flat soles are recommended. As the experience goes late into the evening, depending on the time of year, it is recommended that you plan to bring warm clothing, dressing in layers for comfort.
Please note that while the intention of this experience is to showcase local seafood, special arrangements can be made to accommodate anyone who is unable to consume seafood, and to accommodate allergies and sensitivities.
Conditions: Priced per person, plus tax. Must be at least 19 years old. Cancellation Policy: Due to the uniqueness of this Experience, guests needing to cancel their reservation must do so at least 14 days prior to their reservation to receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than 14 days prior to the Experience date will be subject to the full cost unless the space can be resold. If the space is resold, a full refund less a $50.00 administration fee, will be issued. Cancellations must be made by contacting Good Cheer Adventures by phone at 902-526-3888.
Tourism Industry Association of Nova Scotia