Beautiful Cape Breton Island
Cape Breton Island
There aren’t adequate words in the English language to describe the beauty that is the Cabot Trail. Everyone told Karen and Max that driving the Cabot Trail needed be near the top of their bucket list, if not at the top. The Celtic spirit is alive and well in Cape Breton - watch for signs along the Ceilidh Trail announcing tonight’s community ceilidh, Gaelic for party. Max and Karen enjoyed foot-stomping, hand-clapping fiddle music and Max even learned to step dance from a local.
The song 'Home is Where the Heart Is' featured in this video was created by Cape Breton singer/songwriter Carleton Stone. Carleton has just released ‘Draws Blood’, his third full-length album and his second for the Nova Scotia's Groundswell record label.
The scenery along the Cabot Trail was so amazing it seemed like every 10 minutes we were stopping the car at yet another jaw-dropping vista where we just HAD to take a picture. The Skyline trail was the topper for me. Just, WOW.
Ceilidh Trail & Cabot Trail
Road Trip Itinerary
- Canso Causeway, Port Hastings, Ceilidh Trail
- Celtic Music Interpretive Centre, Judique, Ceilidh Trail
- Glenora Distillery, Glenville, Ceilidh Trail
- Inverness Beach, Inverness, Ceilidh Trail
- Cabot Links, Inverness, Ceilidh Trail
- Cheticamp Wharf, Cheticamp, Cabot Trail
- Les Trois Pignons Museum, Cheticamp, Cabot Trail
- Skyline Trail, Cape Breton Highlands National Park, Cabot Trail
- Lone Shieling Trail, Cape Breton Highlands National Park, Cabot Trail
- Black Brook Beach, Cape Breton Highlands National Park, Cabot Trail
- Telegraph House, Baddeck, Cabot Trail