Joggins Fossil Festival
100 Main Street , Joggins, B0L 1A0, Bay of Fundy & Annapolis Valley
The Joggins Fossil Festival is a community event for the whole family that takes place in Joggins and Minudie,Cumberland County, NS
Saturday July 7th -Joggins
- Ceremonies in celebration of Joggins Fossil Cliffs 10th year Anniversary as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Local businesses, individuals and heritage associations will offer crafts, food and information on what to see and do in the region
- A museum showcase with geologists, paleontologists and scientists on hand with their treasures on view.
- Geologists John Calder and Martha Hickman Hild will be selling their latest publications.
- Beach and gallery tours
- Public reception
- More details to follow on evening event
Sunday July 8th - Minudie
11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Minudie Days - Meet me in Minudie for old-fashioned fun!!!
- Sponsored by the Minudie Heritage Association
- Amos Seaman School Museum - open for tours
- St. Denis Catholic Church - open for tours
- King Seaman Church - open for tours
- strawberry shortcake
- live county music
- games and face-painting for the kids
- Breath-taking scenery in one of Nova Scotia's first Acadian settlements
Admission: Admission to Fossil Festival Events are free of charge unless otherwise stated.