St. Paul’s, built in 1750 on the Grand Parade, is the oldest Protestant church in Canada and the oldest building in Halifax. The crypt holds the remains of illustrious British colonials. As Britain’s first overseas cathedral, St. Paul’s served parishes from Newfoundland to westerly Loyalist settlements. The “Explosion Window” and piece of wood embedded in an interior wall are relics of the 1917 Halifax Explosion.
Facilities / Services
Date details/Hours of operation
tours Jun–Sep, Mon–Sat 9am–4:30pm; services Sun & Wed.