Advocate Boat Tours is the only boat operator on the upper Bay of Fundy with the world’s highest tides. 160 billion tons of water flows through the Bay of Fundy each tide, equal to four times the flow of all the freshwater rivers in the world combined.
Step on-board for an unforgettable adventure to the most dramatic, awe inspiring places of this unique bay. We offer boat rides to Cape Split, Isle Haute and Cape D’Or - and private tours as well to accommodate your interests.
- Go to the mysterious island, Isle Haute where numerous seals frolic in the cold clear water, cliffs soar to the sky and eagles and peregrine falcons ride the updrafts.
- Take a boat ride to Cape Split where the voice of the moon is the loudest as the most powerful tidal current on this earth flows in and out of the Minas Basin.
- Enjoy the majestic views of Cape Blomidon where according to legend the Mikmaq’s principal god (Glooscap) resided. It’s a magnificent formation with a red sandstone base capped by a towering volcanic cliff. Known for its semi-precious stones at places like Amethyst Cove, it is a beautiful place for amazing photos.
- Feel the power of the Dory Rips at Cape d’Or where the most scenic lighthouse in Nova Scotia sits on the edge of the basalt cliffs thrust deep in to the Fundy.
- Explore Refugee Cove in Cape Chignecto Park. Named after the Acadians that fled to this remote, beautiful place during the expulsion of 1755.
Our tours based in Advocate Harbour are high quality, small and personal, with a maximum of 5 guests. We operate a Transport Canada approved Rigid Inflatable Boat. Fully insured and with all the necessary safety equipment and a certified operator at the helm, we ensure you will enjoy a safe voyage on the largest tides on this earth.
Your hosts, Else Marie & Werner Ostermann would love to help put your visit to Advocate Harbour together – including kayaking to the legendary Three Sisters, hiking in Cape Chignecto Park and enjoying unique places like Driftwood Beach in Advocate or Joggins Fossil Cliffs. Go to our website advocateboattours.com or novashores.com to find out about our packages or check out links to great accommodations, restaurants and more in our remote and beautiful corner of Nova Scotia.