Major’s Point Historic Site located in Belliveau Cove in the Yarmouth and Acadian Shores region commemorates the arrival of a group of Acadians fleeing the expulsion in 1755.
It is also the site of the first Acadian cemetery on St. Mary’s Bay, which was used as a burial ground until 1786. A replica of The Little Chapel, which dates back to 1892, was built on this site as a reminder of the sacredness of these grounds.
Facilities / Services
- Bus tours
- Picnic tables
- Limited accessibility