Eatonville was once a vibrant shipbuilding and lumbering centre and harbour. Today, the Eatonville Day-Use area features approximately 5.6-kilometres of family-accessible trail systems leading to professionally engineered viewing platforms offering spectacular views of the Three Sisters sea stacks, Eatonville Harbour, the raised beach at Squally Point, and the upper Bay of Fundy. Other features include interpretive panels on the area's scenery, history and culture and significant geological features; picnic areas and the solar powered Three Sisters Visitor Centre.
Trailhead: Three Sisters Visitor Centre
Significant Feature: Viewing platforms offering breath taking views, beach access. interpretation, picnic areas, green visitor/interpretive centre and gift shop.
Length: 5.6 kilometres (3.5 miles) return
Hiking Time: 2-3 hours
Three Sisters Trail Look-Off Loop 1-4: This trail directs you to look-off platforms at Anderson's Cove, Eatonville Harbour and the iconic Three Sisters sea stacks. The return trip from the visitor centre covers a distance of 2.9 km (1.8 miles).
Squally Point Trail Look-Off Loop 5-6: This trail features some of the most spectacular scenery in the park including a boardwalk and viewing platforms offering a close-up view of a raised beach at Squally Point. The return trip for this trail covers a distance of 3.2 km (2 miles).
The Eatonville day-use area is open weekends in May, daily from June to Labour Day, and weekends from Labour Day to closing in October (Thanksgiving Day).
For your comfort and safety:
• Stay on the trail system. The cliff line is constantly eroding and may be unstable. Approach cliffs only at designated viewing areas.
• Access to the shore can be dangerous as there is no shoreline at high tide and rocks are slippery and covered with aquatic plants. Exploring the tidal zone is restricted, and this MUST be arranged with park staff.
• The Cape Chignecto ecosystem is unique and may be fragile. Do not remove or damage plants and wildlife.
• No open fires are permitted.
• Please dispose of garbage in the cans provided.
• Comfortable footwear, insect repellent and a wind jacket are recommended.
Date details/Hours of operation
Open weekends in May, daily from June to Labour Day, and weekends from Labour Day to closing in October (Thanksgiving Day).