The Cobequid Trail is a 16-km network of multi-use non-motorized trails through central Colchester County, part of the Bay of Fundy & Annapolis Valley region. The trail network includes 11-km of rail trail from downtown Truro to Old Barns and 5kms of trails in Bible Hill, with several access points. Please note that all sections are non-motorized.
The trail, a hard-packed gravel surface, takes you along a former railway, through Acadian dykelands, through forests and along brooks, and beside the tidal Salmon River. Explore the area’s wildlife (including bird watching) while walking, hiking, cycling, skiing or snowshoeing along the trail.
Location of major trailheads with GPS coordinates:
- Old Barns: 919 Shore Road (N45 20.422 W63 24.220)
- Lower Truro: 4057 HIghway 236 (N45 21.586 W63 19.345)
- Downtown Truro: 202 Willow St (N45 21.310 W63 17.300)
- Bible Hill (Dalhousie Agricultural Campus): College Road (N45 22.168 W63 16.031)
- Bible Hill: 38 Guest Drive (N45 22.271 W63 15.018)
- Bible Hill: 39 Warren Drive (N45 22.336 W63 13.585)
- Bible Hill: 111 Innovation Drive (N45 23.064 W63 14.396)
Facilities / Services
Date details/Hours of operation
no winter maintenance.