Enjoy a full day of Bay of Fundy experiences as you explore the intertidal zones of the Bay of Fundy coast with GAEL Tours and whale watch with Petit Passage Whale Watch.
A Bay of Fundy experience you don't want to miss! Gael Tours is teaming up with Petit Passage Whale Watch for a full day of excitement and discovery! Here is a glimpse of your day!
The Rocky Shore: Plankton, Periwinkles and Predators
Ramble with a Gael Tours biologist among the tide pools and basalt formations of the rocky shore of one of the world's most dynamic and diverse ecosystems, the Bay of Fundy. Explore the effects of a nine metre (30 foot) tidal range.
Collect and observe plankton from the waters of the Bay. See what attracts the great whales to our area
- Explore tide pools with amazing diversity
- See predator-prey relationships, life and death battles live in action
- Observe barnacles in a feeding frenzy
- Zoom in on the zones with a field microscope
- Sample some succulent seaweeds
- Lunch at the Petit Passage Cafe in East Ferry.
Included in the day long adventure, your palate will be stimulated with a
tasty lunch at the Petit Passage Cafe.
The Whale Watch
Join Petit Passage Whale Watch and the knowledgeable crew of the Passage Provider for a three-hour cruise to the waters of the lower Bay in search of whales and seabirds.
- A refreshing cruise from two to fifteen miles out onto the Bay
- Possible whale sightings: The “clown of the sea”, the Humpback whales; Minke Whales; North Atlantic Right Whales; Finback Whales
- Other frolicking mammals: Harbour Porpoise running with the boat, Grey and Harbour Seals, Atlantic White-sided Dolphins
- Seabirds: Cormorants and Shearwaters, possibly Northern Gannets, Petrels, Puffins, Common Eider Ducks and American Black Ducks.
Exploring the tidal seascapes of the Bay of Fundy depends on an ever changing ebb and flow cycle of the tide, so there are two options for your day.
Petite Passage Whale Watch tours start at 9:30 AM and 1:30 PM. We offer morning and afternoon rocky shore tours to coordinate with the tides and the whale watching schedule.
1. Explore the shore in the morning and whale watch in the afternoon
2. Whale watch in the morning and explore the shore in the afternoon.
Let us know the day you'd like to book and we will coordinate with the tides and select the option that works best.
Seniors & students: $79
Children (under 5): $30
Package available June 14 to October 15, 2013.
Coupon code: P7433
Affiliations: Destination Southwest Nova Scotia
Valid: June 14, 2013–October 15, 2013
All rates have taxes included and are in Canadian funds. Gratuities are not included in the package. Please book your experience with GAEL Tours. Transportation from the shore to Petit Passage is not included. Call ahead to confirm your reservation the day before your trip. Please notify us 24 hours in advance if you need to cancel.