Located in the Cape Breton Highlands National Park, this is a quiet family campground with the mountains as a backdrop by the Chéticamp River. Approximately 8 km north of the village of Chéticamp.
114 sites (most have fireplaces) with 76 tenting, 24 hook-up sites (E, W, Se; 15 & 30 amp) and 14 with electrical. Wheelchair sites are available.
• Washrooms with hot showers and flush toilets.
• Potable water.
• Kitchen shelters with picnic tables and woodstoves.
• Visitor Centre close by with nature bookstore and family corner and Wi-Fi
• Firewood for sale
• Nearby in Cheticamp (10 minutes): laundry, camping supplies, internet, groceries, gas station, restaurant
• Cell phone reception varies within campground
Interpretation programs in July & August, including nature programs and a ‘Taste of l’Acadie’ once a week. Nearby: adventure night hikes ($18).
In Cheticamp: golf, sandy swimming beach, cultural museums, whale tours, craft shops.
Get the whole family involved in geocaching to find Boomer’s button and learn to identify 5 native trees. Earn a Parks Canada geocoin, while supplies last.
There are several walking/hiking trails, including:
• Acadian for panoramic views of the coastline
• Salmon Pools for an easier hike along the river.
• Skyline (a 15-minute drive away) for a truly magnificent view of ocean & mountains.
Reservations 877-737-3783 (Jun 27–Sep 1).
GPS Location: N46 39.121 W60 57.211
Facilities / Services
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bilingual/Multilingual staff available
- Pets welcome
Amenities: Flush toilets, Playground, RV sites, Showers, Electrical hook-up, Sewage hook-up, Unserviced, Water hook-up, 364, 366, 368
Outdoor activities: Fishing, Hiking
Directions: North of Chéticamp at park entrance.
Payment types: American Express, Debit card, Mastercard, Visa
plus park entry fee; discount for 7 nights or more.