Location: Cape Breton Highlands National Park in Ingonish, 11 km from the eastern entrance of the park.
Broad Cove Campground is open and wooded and features a sandy beach on an ocean cove.
83 hook-up sites (E, W, Se; 15 & 30 amp) and 111 tenting sites – about half with fireplaces. Hook-up sites are pull-through to accommodate ‘big rigs’. Wheelchair accessible sites available.
• Heated washrooms with hot showers and flush toilets.
• Potable water.
• Kitchen shelters with picnic tables and woodstoves.
• Group fireplaces.
• Activity building for rainy days.
• Nearby: laundry, camping supplies, firewood,
internet,groceries, gas station, restaurant
• Cell phone reception varies within campground
• Swimming in ocean or river.
• Nearby in Ingonish: whale tours, craft shops, kayak tours
• Interpretation programs in July & August, including nature programs and a beach campfire. Adventure night hikes ($18).
Get the whole family involved in geocaching to find Boomer’s button and learn to identify 5 native trees. Earn a Parks Canada geocoin, while supplies last.
There are several walking trails nearby including:
• Broad Cove Mountain for a great view of the coast
• Warren Lake for a level walk or run around the lake
• Branch Pond Look-off for a gradual climb to view the coast from the top of the highland plateau
Reservations: 877-737-3783 (Jun 27–Sep 1).
GPS location: N46 42.605 W60 21.934
Facilities / Services
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bilingual/Multilingual staff available
- Pets welcome
Amenities: Flush toilets, Playground, RV sites, Showers, Electrical hook-up, Sewage hook-up, Unserviced, Water hook-up, 364, 366, 368, 371, 372
Outdoor activities: Fishing, Golf, Hiking
Directions: North of Ingonish, near park entrance.
Payment types: American Express, Debit card, Mastercard, Visa
plus park entry fee; discount for 7 nights or more.