One room school house now operated as a museum
July 1 - September 1
July & August daily 10am to 6pm
June & September by appointment
Call 251-2422 or e-mail: email@example.com
Off Season contact Helen Sims at (902) 732-2000 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Bus tours welcome
Special Group Tours Offered
Contact museum for details
Recommended Touring Time
Scope of Holdings
Black & white photographs of Minudie School, Seaman Family, shad fishing, grindstone, lumber mills and local mines from mid 1800's to 1950's
Extent of Holdings
Collection contains photographic material & documents including ledgers, maps, personal correspondence, school registers & documents pertaining to the operation of the Minudie School, teacher lists
Approximate 80% of collection is archival material
Founding Family Names
Fees will depend on extent of research required
Contact staff for current fees
Four provincial heritage buildings are located in Minudie. The St. Denis Church located next to the museum also has a small archival collection
See Cumberland County Cemetery Book for detailed information by contacting the Cumberland County Genealogical Society.
St. Denis Cemetery is located behind the church adjacent to the museum.
The Lake Cemetery is located 1 km from the museum.
Barronsfield Cemetery is located on the Barronsfield Road on route to the museum from River Hebert