Recipe provided by: Victoria Co-Op Fisheries Ltd.
|2 cups||Arborio rice|
|2||red bell peppers, diced|
|1||fennel/anise bulb, diced|
|4||cloves garlic, minced|
|A handful of fresh basil leaves + extra to use for garnish on the side!||4 tbsp||butter mixed with 1 tbsp minced garlic|
|1 lb||frozen, thawed out lobster meat with the juices|
|1 bottle||Chardonnay white wine|
|Salt & pepper to taste|
|Garlic crostini bread (baguette slices with garlic butter, lightly toasted).|
- Prepare all your ingredients in advance.
- Take a large saucepan or a large skillet. Melt the butter over medium heat, add the rice, add little by little the white wine.
- Cover with a lid.
- Keep stirring and adding white wine, so the rice won’t stick to the bottom. This will take some time.
- After thirty minutes add all the rest of the ingredients, keep stirring and keep adding the wine. The risotto should be sticky and ready to serve.
- While cooking the risotto, slice baguette bread and spread with a butter/garlic mixture.
- Place bread in the oven on 350F until light—golden brown. Serve this dish with fresh basil.
*Makes 4 servings.